Thornhedge

A journey to save the world from itself.

2 posters

Thornhedge RP

Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Thornhedge RP - Page 11 Empty Re: Thornhedge RP

Post by Moonncloud April 18th 2024, 9:21 pm

Keeva

They ran like hell fire was at their heels, her chest heaving after the halfway point, her paws and joints ached something fierce but they had to keep going, they had to make it… they were so close. Focusing on the trees, the feel of fae magic, she pushed on, allowing her body's desire for the magic of the fae to help pull her forwards. After several miles were covered, they managed to hit the tree line, both their legs giving out from under them First slide to the right and she slightly to the left as she rolled and from her tumble. It felt like she couldn’t breath, panting heavily she wheezed, she hadn’t ran that hard in months, years rather… And being pregnant did not help her any. Laying there panting, trying to catch her breath, she looked towards First, before attempting to stand to her paws, however, her legs shook violently causing her to collapse. There was no moving for the moment… they needed rest above everything else. “I… I am alright.” She answered between pants. Laying her head upon her paws she watched him, her chest heaving heavily, “Are- you.. Alright?” She asked as she tried to crawl towards him. They had to rest briefly then they needed to move deeper into the forest.

Ninaine

Taking in a deep breath, an attempt to calm her aching chest, the new prisoner listened to her company explain what his thought process was, it managed to get her to lift her head, oh by the gods did that hurt. Sliding back on her rear, fighting her skirt all the way, she slid against the stall wall to rest her head against the wooden boards. “I didn’t think he would either… Kill me on the spot very possible.” She spoke but again she forgot her voice was not audible causing her to frown and close her eyes. “I hoped… he would think I wasn’t capable of such a thing… that something had happened out of my control… Of course, that was wishful thinking.” her mouth moved as she attempted to speak, her skin itched with her magic trying to come through, a feeling she had never experienced prior to this event. Maybe… she just needed an extra push to get it to surface properly, hopefully it wouldn’t fade being chained here… unable to shape and nurture it. Opening her eyes she looked at him, unable to speak she just sat there staring at him for a moment as he examined the cuffs. Trying to pull her hands apart “I’m fucked… “ She told to him as she looked at the cuffs and back at him hoping he understood what she was mouthing as he put her hands back down. Tears slipped down her face again as he spoke of not wanting to leave her behind, it meant a lot coming from the wolf boy who hated her so much. But, from his staying here he was now stuck in the stall with her and once he was found… he’d be fucked like herself. “You should have ran…” she mouthed to him, before looking up at the ceiling to try and stop her tears. As he wrapped the blanket around her she forced a small smile, happy to have some warmth as the night was growing cold. Mouthing a thank you to him her smile pulled a bit more even though tears threatened to fall again, it warmed her heart to know he wasn’t just a cold jerk.

Queen Jezebeth / King Augustus

“Good, I was worried you would not return…” Jezabeth smiled as she walked towards him wrapping her arms over his shoulders and around his neck as he held her waist, “Loose Locks?” She repeated a concerned look on her face. However, Elijah insisted things were alright so the queen for the time being would not worry about the situation he was just faced with. As he began kissing her neck, the Queen sighed blissfully as she leaned into his touch. “I’ve waited for this moment for so long… “ She murmured to him almost moaning in anticipation, “you should be.” She whispered as she gently pulled him away from her neck to meet his lips with her own, a passionate kiss replacing his little teasing pecks against her skin.

Maugrim

Feeling the familar pull, her scent filled his nose before her voice caused him to turn to look at her. She was was beautiful, his heart raced as he found himself staring at her but quickly he shook the longing, the yearning away. Clearing his throat he looked to the male whimpering on the ground and then around at the pack, “We must keep moving but before we do.. Do you know of a female wolf named Keeva?” He asked, “Is she with the pack?” He had to inquire before continuing, this mission was to save them and his daughter… “I’m also needing to know if the human girl made it out… We need the necklace she was using to free everyone.” he mentioned though he felt he was being to verbal in a not so safe position. “We can talk as we move,” He murmured before looking to Cloven, the male was unable to stand it seemed, Letting a gentle sigh leave him he walked over to the male, “Can you take being carried a bit further…” He asked him before shifting into his bipedal form, he was prepared to carry him all the way if he had too. “The rest of you must follow my pack into the Fae forest… it’s not safe standing out here like this. Stick together and get in there.” He ordered before looking to the Forest Guardian, She was one with nature, and ready to defend her forest from enemies to her woods. Could she help this Lupin? Would she? “Please, he needs help.”

With the request, Priya walked out into the open, flowers and other plant life sprung to life with each of her steps that she took, filling her hoof prints as she made her way over. Shifting into her more humanoid form she knelt to the Lupin’s body, “He will be fine with some gentle mending… But he should be carried to allow his joints to heal.” She told them, the Alpha was amazed at her knowledge with just a wave of a hand over his body. The woman called forth vines to wrap and support the males aching limb. With that being completed. Maugrim picked the old male up, before continuing onwards with him in his arms catching up to the female he had bonded with among the chaos of the rescue.

Once all the Lupin pack members and slaves were within the forest, Priya lifted a sapling weaved wall, only allowing those who were worthy to pass through. “I will not have my forest crawling with those that wish to hurt it.” she grumbled before taking her place at the border again to keep an eye on those coming towards it.

Crowned Princess Persefoni

“It is unfortunate, I must admit however, it is as you say, I must not give up on my search until I find the right suitor for me.” Persefoni felt a genuine smile pull at her lips, my was this man something, his gentle squeeze to her hand caused a look of surprise to flutter past. He was suggesting himself, not just speaking frankly which was rather amusing to say the least. Trill’s response to her own question caused a half grin to peak before a chuckle left her, “Yes, I must agree, I avoid their needy grasps like the plague.” She admitted giggling all the while, “I am glad I accepted this dance, you are proving to be quite unordinary among ordinary men.” she shared and as they spun, her eyes caught a glimpse of Lythedh, her core ached for him it was to bad she had to stay on this dance floor with Trill… but she was enjoying herself… this man was different, she would have to thank her slave later for suggesting him. “Where do you live, Duke Trill? Within the city or is your estate in the countryside?” She asked curiously keeping her focus on her dance partner rather then the Tiger fuming in the background.

Princess Iris

“Thank you, I look forward to our outing then.” She smiled warmly, her blushing continued. How was it possible she could meet a man at her Birthday celebration who liked similar things to her. Most men were just after her title, knowing they couldn’t get Persefoni the true heir to the throne, she as the younger princess was the next best choice. But, Vesper didn't seem to care; he was more interested in helping her enjoy 18th year of life. “Three days from now would be perfect, things from the ball should be calmed down by then.” she added before thinking about the food that should be brought along. “Why not surprise me?” She suggested, she wasn’t sure in all honesty she never had someone ask her what she would like to eat so they could prepare it… she always went along with what the castle's kitchen had planned, she never requested a particular meal.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 18th 2024, 11:01 pm

MELLOWFORK

Elijah

The Denmaster’s chest warmed when Jezebeth wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him close in their embrace as she murmured to him. She was intoxicating, just the way she knew how to lean into him, how to make him crave her. Even with the many years they had snuck under the king’s eyes, having two children without anyone wiser, she still thrilled him. “As have I,” he murmured in return, and once she pulled him away and kissed him, he melted into her, hands roaming her dress to feel her body, craving what he could now have. He easily found the laces needed and untied them, loosening them string by string as his hand tangled in the mess. He had undone many of her dresses over the years, and he had learned just how to make her wait, just how to hold them and keep her from running too far. Sometimes, he could even please her without taking anything off at all. If the current dress she wore was capable of it, he would have thrown himself into her the moment he could. “I like this one,” he mused against her lips, smearing her lipstick across his own lips. “Let’s keep it in rotation.”

First

Continuing to catch his breath, First’s eyes teared with the dry breaths ripping through his throat. It burned like no other, and he couldn’t remember the last time he had run so hard. Maybe it was never. Gulping down saliva and air, he laid prone for a few minutes more before mustering enough energy to roll to a lying position. Keeva had rolled too, but was making her way over towards him, slowly but surely. He used what little energy he had to slowly belly crawl over to her too. “I’ll live,” he croaked, working hard until his paw touched hers and he collapsed over again, panting into the grass as he closed his eyes. What he wouldn’t give for a giant lake and a cool breeze. Thinking of the stuffed puppy laying not far, he fought with his words, opening and closing his mouth before he could think of something to say. “Your…your pup,” he managed to whisper. “I’m…I’m so sorry, Kee.”

Foalan

The wolf boy watched as Ninaine painfully scooted back to the wall of the stall, leaning her head back to rest it on the wood. It almost amused him, seeing her in the same position he was when he first arrived. She got a taste of her own medicine now. He bit his cheek however, looking away at the thought. He shouldn’t be pleased by that. She would have to endure worse than him, beaten by her father and now, if she didn’t escape, she’d replace the mothers who she risked her own life to save. Who would they… A shiver went through him and he shook it off. Now was not the time to be speculating her future. He hated being in this cell, and she didn’t deserve to be in it either. Maybe with the chains off it would be a different story, but even so, he wasn’t begging for her torture. He just wanted her to listen to him for once. But…she had. He mulled on that thought. She hid like he told her to. Regardless of the way she hated his way of thinking, the arguments they pulled whenever they talked, she respected him enough to follow through with the advice he gave. He wasn’t sure how he felt about that. Looking back at the girl, she began to speak, her mouth moving and eyes closing but nothing came but breath. She was silenced, for who knew how long. Maybe until the spell was broken. He couldn’t help but snort to himself. “Ye ever read fairy tales?” he asked, scooting back to lean against the wall next to her. “I reckon ye needs some sort o' ‘true love’s kiss’ t' break this wee spell. As much as I enjoy seein' ye silenced, I can’t argue wit' a mute.” He smirked, hoping to get a rise out of her, help her keep fighting despite the situation. It was never good to just give up and accept that death awaited you, or worse. If she kept striving for more, she’d find a way out. She did for everyone else. “Know o' any princes nearby?” Chuckling to himself, he turned to face her slightly, tucking his legs under himself to hold him steady against the wood. Gods, it felt nice to use his leg again. Once she felt a little better, she opened her eyes and looked down at her cuffs, examining them like he did. But the words she mouthed to him caused him to chuckle softly, his eyes sparkling just a hint. He would have never expected such a word to come from her, even if silent. When his laughter settled, his eyes set on hers, that same, studying look coming to them again. She was a fascinating woman, holding herself up beyond her means until knocked down on her luck. He felt that familiar hunger tug at his chest, and he attempted to shove it down, but his gaze didn’t hide it. Tears began to slide down her face, and that was the only thing that snapped him out of it, blinking a few times and lifting his hand to brush them away, before realizing what he was doing and whipping it back. She didn’t need some dirty wolf boy helping her. She’d probably swat his hand away regardless, or he’d end up cutting her with his nails. She once again spoke, and it took a moment to interpret what she said. “I will not,” he responded, leaning his head back on the wood and watching her, grateful when a smile appeared on her face. Progress. “I’d be bored out o' me mind around the moms. I’d also rather nah hear sprogs screamin' fer hours on end. I prefer yer squawkin'.”

The Other Side

“Of course. As crown princess, a suitable partner for your reign would be ideal. Not only for heirs, but for strength as well. It is always good to have someone that supports your ideals, or brings new solutions to the kingdom. I know my workload would be eased much more with having a woman at my side, but alas, there are few trained in the ways of a Duchess I would be satisfied with. Either I marry an equal, or I marry up. Which, in my case, isn’t too upsetting.” He chuckled and spun her around, the song beginning to come to a close. It was unfortunate, as he was having a nice time with the princess and enjoyed their conversation. He wouldn’t have expected her to be easy to talk to and was pleasantly surprised. “Thank you, my lady; the same goes for you.” Waltzing around the room, the princess changed subject easily to his living quarters, and he smiled down at her. “I live closer to the city, for easier access to the markets and trade routes across Mellowfork. I don’t use my land for slave rearing, so it is best to have an estate that instead can transport large loads to and from its gates. I quite like it, it's quaint and simple which is perfect for my needs. Perhaps I will have to have you visit sometime, bring some more life to its empty halls. I always enjoy having guests over for snacks and gossip.”

Karina ached to be close to the alpha, yet she had to pull away, knowing the stakes were too much to indulge in one another. His scent however calmed her, kept her level headed despite the chaos surrounding them. As long as she stayed by his side, she would make it through. Clearing his throat, the male asked about Keeva, and her ears perked with a small smile coming to her muzzle. “Yes, Keeva came with us and was in the dome with our pack,” she replied, giving the smallest tail wag. “She was taken as the queen’s chosen slave for the celebration happening within…but she said she would find her way out with First. They’re likely working their way out right now, hopefully anyways. Keeva seemed confident she could make it out. As for the human girl…I don’t know where she is. She was in that barn over there, but after she let us out, she disappeared.” She gestured towards the barn in question beyond them before they turned and began to walk back towards Cloven, who was still in pain on the ground, Munin trying to help him stay in one place. The alpha spoke to his equal, shifting into a rather impressive bipedal form and picked up the elder carefully in his arms, taking him to a strange looking nature woman nearby. Together, they secured Cloven’s leg and provided some healing, giving him enough strength to continue on. Munin stuck right at the alpha’s side, worried for her mate. Karina on the other hand followed close behind, ready to assist with whatever was necessary. Her eyes occasionally glanced beyond the trees and the wall, hoping to catch anyone left, or even catch a glimpse of First and Keeva. She silently prayed to Lupus that they would be able to rejoin each other, and leave peacefully through the forest.

Confirming the date of their outing, Reuben’s face warmed to know he would get to spend an afternoon with the princess, a beautiful girl that he wouldn’t have expected to be able to talk to, let alone spend time with outside the ball. It was sudden, but not unwelcome. “I look forward to it as well. Since you want a surprise, I’ll make sure to pack a variety. Hopefully there is something included that you enjoy.” The music began to shift, signaling the start of a next dance, and he extended his hand out to her, his other drink he set on a nearby butler’s tray. “May I have this dance, my lady?”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 18th 2024, 11:44 pm

Ninaine

Sitting there, resting her head against the wooden boards of the stall, Nina heard what sounded like an amused sound coming from the wolf, lifting her head she tilted it at him, listening to him snort. What in all the kingdoms did he think was funny at this time? Nothing about this situation was funny! Rolling her eyes at him for a moment, she assumed her was laughing at her predicament, she was now the one chained and he was free, well sort of he was still in the stall and there was no way out as far as she was aware. It was then however, the boy began to explain his amusement, causing the woman to raise a brow at him. Of course she had hear of fairy tales, giving a nod of her head, she confirmed to him she knew what fair tales were. Once he was rested against the stall wall beside her, Nina turned her head to look at him. HIs suggestion of a kiss caused a smile to pull at her lips, “True loves kiss, huh?” She questioned, still as mute as ever, but her pearly whites were showing through her smile now. Eyeing him, Nina almost expected him to try and lay one on her, but there was no way her fathers magic would be broken from something so simple. His next comment motivated the girl to lift her shackled hands and flip him the bird, he was really bringing out her unlady-like side, even so she couldn’t help but grin. For a moment, silence came over them her smile fading away until he asked about princes’ his own chuckle causing the smile to twitch at her lips again, “I don’t suppose you are a prince, hmm?” She mouthed teasingly of course but she watched him as he shifted his weight around to where he was sitting on his knees, facing her slightly. Given the situation, Nina spued the most unlady like of words, Foalan promptly laughed knowing exactly what she mouthed. His reaction made another full genuine smile to etch its way over her lips. Before tears slipped and to her surprise he reached for her, however, the wolf pulled his hand away, she knew what he was going to do however and knowing so she lifted her hands to rub her own face however the right one trembled, it hurt from colliding with the pillar she didn’t think it was broke but it was in a lot of pain… Putting her hands back down in her lap she let the tears set on her face, it hurt too bad to try and remove them. “You’re a fool.” She mouthed knowing he had no plans of escaping without her. “My squawkin.. Am I some sort of parrot?” She asked as she turned a bit to face him. As she sat there looking at him she realized something, he didn’t have a collar on, could he exit the stall? “Can you stick your hand through the bars?” mouthing she knew she was probably saying to much at once so she struggled to stand to her feet, only to stumble forward and then be yanked back by the chain. Once she managed to get her footing, Nina lifted her hands towards the bars gesturing to him to try and stick his hands through them. Surely he could without the collar.

Keeva

Knowing her mate was safe she sighed with a bit of relief, with their paws touching they could lay there a moment and relax, rest, after their mad dash. Panting, Keeva rolled on her side to help herself cool down more quickly. As she attempted to rest, to forget what happened back there in the castle, her mate spoke up apologizing for her pup. Instantly, tears formed and slid from her eyes. “I don’t understand why they killed him… He was healthy, a strong pup.” She whimpered rolling herself over she manged to get to the stuffed pup, burying her muzzle in his dust filled fur. “He was my first… I never knew what happened to him… I was reassured that he was alive and well… but obviously he was not.” her whimpers were soft, she didn’t want them being found, they needed time to rest. “I named him after my father.. I was surprised at how similar he looked to him as a newborn.” trying to get her tears under control Keeva slowly sat herself up into a sitting position before shifting and picking up the lifeless husk of her pup. “We need to move.” Keeva repeated knowing fully well they needed a couple more minutes. “I need to lay him to rest…” but she couldn’t relax knowing he was stuck in this form, unable to return to the earth where he belonged.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 19th 2024, 12:18 am

MELLOWFORK

First

First hated to see Keeva cry, but he knew she needed to. The past held strong to her, and after all she had endured, alongside the discovery of her first pup, it would be a while to fully come to terms with it all. Scooting closer to her, he watched her dig her face into his soft fur, explaining what had happened, what she knew up to then. His face grew warm, tears forming in his eyes as he brushed his fur along hers. “I’m so sorry,” he murmured, licking her cheek a few times. “I…I don’t know if it would help, but I don’t think he was killed,” he continued. “His pelt is shiny, he looked in good health…something else must have happened. They wouldn’t have such a nice…result if he was tortured, or injured somehow. There would be signs.” He watched her pick the pup up, and he gave it a few licks as well, a farewell to the soul lost for some time. “That is why I grabbed him. I wanted you to be able to put him to rest for good, not under the hands of your mistress. I think…I think he will watch over ours. He was strong like your father, and even if he didn’t get the chance to live a full life, I have no doubt he will show himself with the ones we will have. His memory will not be forgotten Kee, not by you and not by me. I want to help you lay him where he should have been put at peace.” Standing to his sore feet, he shook off the debris hanging off his fur and glanced towards the deeper part of the forest. “If we can make it a little longer, we can sit down to rest. If you want to bury him here, within the Fae forest, you could give him his final groom and we can dig his grave together. Or we can take him back to your home, and find a place there. I will help you no matter what.”

Foalan

Foalan’s eyes glittered as Ninaine thought on his suggestion, fairy tales and all. Despite the way he wanted her to throw a fit, the exact opposite happened, a grin sliding across her face. It caught him so off guard that he grinned back, a few hairs drifting on his forehead. She had a pretty smile. Wait, no, she definitely didn’t. It was as stupid as they come...right? Before he could continue on, she lifted her hand and flipped him off, which caused him to erupt in laughter, clutching his stomach as he tilted his head back. He’d never thought in a thousand years she’d do such a thing. Maybe he had pissed her off enough like he wanted. He laughed for a good while before he was able to catch his breath, and lifted his hand to return the gesture with another grin. “Glad ye can argue another way, lass. I like it.” Chuckling a bit more, she asked if he was a prince, and he rolled his eyes with a huff. “If I we be a prince, would I be stuck in a cell wit' a brat? No, I’d be wavin' t' the peasants on me large luxurious galleon, throwin' gold doubloons wherever I went, 'n that brat would be massagin' me feet. Besides, ye don’t wants t' kiss a pirate before they’ve drank. Ye’ll get seasick.” His mother told the same thing to his father, always the excuse to keep them apart. Foalan never believed it, but it had stuck around since he was young. “Don’t suppose ye’ve got a flask hidin' in that skirt?” He eyed her up and down teasingly, but he caught himself doing it once more, not realizing just how close they sat. Without the chains, she really wasn’t half bad for a random daughter of a rotten corpse of a man. “No, I suppose a parrot wouldn’t 'ave a flask. They do make fer a lovely mornin' alarm, though. Always blabberin' away about how pirates are wrong 'n fancy poppets are right.” A smirk came across his lips, ready for another silent retort. Despite his jests however, she seemed to come up with some sort of plan, and stood to her feet to reach for the bars. The chains held tight to her wrists, and he raised a brow as he stood as well. “As strong as ye reckon ye be, I don’t reckon they’re goin' t' jus' elder out o' the wall, lass.” His assumption was incorrect however, as once he realized what she was gesturing and interpreting her lips, she wanted him to see if he could leave the cell. That was true, he didn’t have his collar on anymore, nor his chains. Approaching the stall door, he took a deep breath before he reached his hand out, expecting it to slip through the bars. But a magical barrier prevented him from going all the way, his hand causing a ripple of purple magic to echo across the barrier wall. “F***.” Foalan turned back to Ninaine, shaking his head. “He knew wha' he was doin'. If the barrier could be broken, then we’d 'ave a chance…I’m nah sure if I 'ave anythin' fer that, though.” He looked down at his hand, twirling the fingers as he thought. He had very little magic within him, nothing to break down a Denmaster’s strong spell. But he could at least try, for both their sakes. Sucking in a breath, he conjured up the closest spell he could think of, and launched it at the door. The magic instead bounced off the wall and slammed into the ground, sending Foalan straight onto his rear with a yelp, and a string of curses. He kicked the door in retaliation, but it didn’t budge. “Stupid a** door.” He let out a breath and slowly stood, dusting himself off. “We’d needs the barrier broken afore we could pick the lock. Someone wit' either a lot o' power, or access t' a similar necklace t' yers. I don’t know how we shall get either.”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 19th 2024, 2:46 pm

Ninaine

She didn’t expect him to grin along with her, let alone erupt into laughter at her rude gesture. It was refreshing given that they were both trapped in this stall, it kept her from edging towards the only option she could clearly see for freedom. Once Foalan got his amusement under control he flipped her off paired with just as crude a grin. It was impossible not to smile at that and stick her tongue out at him all while acting completely and utterly offended, of course it was all an act, a good distraction from her imprisonment. It surprised her a bit when he complimented her ability to still argue, him liking it caused her cheeks to flush, that was unexpected she didn’t think he was capable of liking anything a human did. When she asked if he was a prince, the wolf boy took her question seriously causing her to giggle and roll her eyes, “I wasn’t being serious.” her mouth moved that smile refusing to go away. Foalan continued on with his own little myth from his childhood she assumed which kept her smile bright, “That’s cute.” She mouthed, “Pirates have such interesting tales.” She added, her eyes shined with curiosity. Life at Sea was a mystery to her and learning more sounded interesting, let alone a nice distraction. That curious look fell when he asked if she had a flask in her skirt causing the girl to smirk, did she? Feeling her skirt her hand slid into the pocket, to her relief, she did have a flask, it was a wonder it didn’t fall out of her skirt when she was tossed around... Good thing she made deep enough pockets in her skirt. She was about to answer him, though she was sure he didn’t expect her to have one, she wanted to see that shocked expression again. Of course, she wasn’t a drinker but she carried it on her to treat cuts and scrapes she would get working in the barn. It was something she had learned at a young age and tended to use it on herself for very minor wounds, she wouldn’t have dared try it on Foalan when he had his leg shattered, not to mention she didn’t have it on her that day. Looking at the wolf boy, she realized he was gazing at her, what was he looking at now? His staring ended with his mention of her being a parrot alarm clock… Rolling her eyes she grabbed ahold of her dress, searching once again for the pocket the best she could there on the floor. Once she found the flask she pulled it out of her skirt along with a book and a writing utensil, the same ones she always had on her. However, Foalan stood to his feet to try what plan she had suggested, hope filled the girls face as he neared the bars but that hope fell as he couldn’t push through the barrier… the color once again left her face. How, he didn’t have a collar on… flopping back on the floor she sat there watching as he tried yet another attempt, he pulled at what little magic he had at his finger tips and it backfired. The male was thrown back, landing on his rear with a yelp. Again, Nina let out a defeated sigh dropping the flask and returned to looking up at the ceiling, the back of her head resting against the wall. It was past midnight by now… very possibly close to the sun rising and yet they still had not figured out how to get out of this damn cage. What scared her the most wasn’t even what was going to happen to her… it was what would happen if they found him within the stall with her. Would they kill him… she prayed not. “We’re fucked…” She repeated before closing her eyes again and pulling her knees to her chest, her skirt stayed mostly in place, only cascading down either side of her legs to the floor, her shin length bloomers partly noticeable as she sat there thinking, rather dreading what was to come in the morning.

Keeva

With her ears flat against her head she mourned the loss of her pup, what little hope she had that he had made it was lost. The youngest died at birth and there was yet one still un accounted for but, Keeva was sure that pup too had met a cruel fate… None of her pups had made it and it seemed even her first pup when she was at her most healthy didn’t make it either for one reason or another. Pain was all the female could feel now, her heart ached for the little male pup, she protected him with every fiber of her being in that cell in the dungeon of the castle.. She kept everyone away from him until the Queen forcefully took him away, thinking he was old enough to leave his mothers side. The woman was wrong, just because a pup is weaned does not mean they can leave their mothers care. With tears still clouding her vision, the weeping Lupin groomed her lifeless pup, cleaning it of all the dust that had gathered on him over the years until his little body was dirt free. For a while she stayed silent, only her whimpers filled the silence between the two Lupins, she appreciated First’s words however, they helped ease some pain of not knowing what happened. It was logical to assume he died naturally, that something was wrong with him causing him to die peacefully. It took a while, but eventually Keeva broke the silence between them, her pain filled hues looked to him, “He needs to be laid to rest here.. He’s waited too long to try and make it back to my home land.” She shared agreeing with him that burying him was the best option, “The fae forest will take good care of him.” she added, her voice breaking at the thought. Picking him up once more she stood to her aching feet and followed First deeper into the woods. The deeper they traveled, the more Fae Keeva could see, they danced around them and many landed on them, catching a ride on their bodies. It was soothing to hear their giggles and feel the comfort their magic brought. “The Fae really like you.” Keeva shared thinking he could see them too.”

Maugrim

Tending to the older male Lupin, relief flooded the Alpha male to hear his daughter had been with them but that relief quickly fled as he learned she could very well be back in the castle. He missed his chance to be reunited with her, she had been there a day prior. Gritting his teeth, he had to fight back the agony that tried to consume him. Continuing to listen, Maugrim nodded his head, trying to hold on to hope a bit longer for his grown pup. “If she knew of a way out, I will hold on to hope that they made it out… “ Pausing for a moment he felt curious, which helped distract him from his worries, “Who is First?” he asked a slight tilt of his head as he collected the old male called Cloven into his arms and began the journey deeper into the forest. The female he had bonded to shared that she did not know where the girl was, that was problematic. “I will have to discuss a plan with the pack and Elven guard… We need the pendant the girl had. We have a Lupin with a collar back in Folgario.. We haven’t been able to remove it thus far… I’m afraid we may not be able to remove it without the pendant.” he shared, letting a sigh leave his lungs. What were they going to do now? First thing was first, they needed to get everyone a safe distance from Mellowfork, the deeper they went into the Fae forest the better off they would be, though the male’s mind was focused on his daughter and the pendant, he would have to put the beast-folk they gained first, no matter how much it pained him to do so.

Their travel continued until day break, miles from Mellowforks border and safe from the dangers of their enemies. “We can rest here..” Maugrim came towards the much larger Lupin pack after finishing a meeting with the Elven Guard and having spoke to the other slaves knowing the language barrier between his kind and the other Beat-folk it was best to speak to them separately. “We will rest until mid-day, then we will continue our journey back to Es’lond where we will all rest for a few days before making our Journey to Folgario. Once we enter Folgario, it will be your choice whether to stay or leave… Folgario welcomes all who come to its lands to settle.” Speaking in their native language Maugrim looked over all the wolves, tired weakened from their months in the enclosure… many looked scared, terrified even that they would end up in that situation again. Yet, through all these trembling bodies, there was one that his eyes couldn’t stay away from, seeing her even made his tail wag, something that rarely happened if at all since his original soulmate passed. Taking a few steps towards her, his eyes softening on her, “Is there… Anything I can do to help you and your pack?” He asked his tail swaying from side to side at a slow even rhythm.

Queen Jezabeth

Seeing how pleased her lover was with her dressed, Jezabeth couldn’t help but grin. “I’m glad you do.. I will make sure it finds it’s way into my special wardrobe.” taking hold of the collar of his dress shirt, the Queen pulled him back towards her bed as he easily loosened her corset top, the dress slipping down her figure. Letting go of him, Jezabeth pulled off her gloves and quickly removed her jewelry, dropping each piece on the floor off to the side before allowing Elijah to do the rest, all the while she kissed him passionately ready to lose herself in him for the first time in weeks, years even, with no worries of being caught by her husband, his brother. Quickly inhaling as their lips parted, “I love you, Elijah “ She whispered to him, before pulling him into another passionate kiss, her teeth nipping his bottom lip as she their passion for one another grew.

With his gracefuol spin, Persefoni twirled back into him, their bodies greeting each other for only a moment as the dance required. “That is unfortunate, however, I am sure you will find your perfect match in due time.” The Heir reassured him, not exactly meaning herself but neither denying it, she offered a neutral plane. Persefoni knew if she pushed him away like the others, her mother would simply shove a different man down her throat… But, she was very pleased with Lythdh, a slave beast-folk she could not have publicly, it was quite the predicament, an infuriating one at times really. “Perhaps you should.” She added thought it would burn Lythedhs hide, it was in her best interest to play with a noble men, it could free her from the Balgarious king and keep her mother off her back regarding her Tiger. The song came to an end, resulting in the two separating, “Thank you, Duke Trill for a wonderful dance.” Offering the Duke a smile the Princess began to leave him and return to her slave.

Princess Iris

“I am sure I will like something.” Iris said a sweet smile on her lips. As the music shifted, the Princess lifted her head to look at the dance floor, to her surprise, Persefoni was on the floor dancing with Duke Trill if she called. That was quite the surprise but it seemed the two wer parting ways. That was when Vesper asked to dance with her. Cheeks heating all over again, Iris slightly lowered her head in a polite bow, “I would be delighted.” She responded gracefully taking his arm before following his lead out onto the dance floor.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 19th 2024, 7:33 pm

First

First couldn’t do much for Keeva, knowing this was her own personal grief she had to work through. But despite his lack of knowledge of what the queen had done, alongside not knowing the depth of losing a child, he could understand how he would feel if the same happened to any of his pups. He stayed at his mate’s side as she groomed her son, drying her tears as he could and simply being a brace to keep her from falling, and a warm body to support her. After some time, the pup was clean, looking as though he could take off running through the trees and laugh as he played. He wished there was some way to bring him back, to ease Keeva and allow her the blessing of one survivor. She eventually looked up to him, tears soaking her cheeks as she spoke of what she wished to do. “It is the best place I can think of to bury him.” He nuzzled her, providing a few licks to her ear before they both stood on shaking paws and began walking further through the forest. How large was the Fae forest in its entirety? How long would it take to catch up with her father and his pack? Did they even know where they were heading, or would they travel until they hit the other side? Not wanting to bother Keeva with his questions, he took to simply following her lead, one step behind as he let himself absorb the nature and fresh air around him for the first time in months. He hadn’t even noticed how much lighter his chest felt until now. Keeva’s soft voice drifted to him, and he raised a brow, looking at the forest surrounding them. “Oh?” he asked, peering at the tree tops to see if he could see them. Alas, there was nothing but leaves and scampering critters. “How do you know that?”

Foalan

Recovering from his fall to the ground, Foalan scooted himself back to the wall, cushioning himself with the hay present. He had gathered some extra while she was away from other stalls, creating not only a better cushion but a place to hide as well, so he could stay without being noticed. Leaning his head back, he watched as Ninaine started digging around in her skirt, looking for something in particular. He was going to ask what she was searching for when she suddenly pulled out a dented yet shiny silver flask. His eyes widened like a child opening a birthday present as he snatched it out of her hand and popped the top off, chugging the contents within and savoring the burn scorching down his throat. It was cheap and bitter, but by the gods he had missed alcohol. When he finished it off, he wiped his mouth with it, studying the flask as he proceeded to close the top. “I’ve missed that,” he spoke in a raspy voice, licking his lips before handing her vessel back. “Gods, I was goin' t' eventually go insane without a drop o' it. Now t' find a bottle o' wine, or rum, 'n I’ll be set.” What he wouldn’t give to nurse a bottle.” Letting the drink settle in his stomach, the excitement wore down as minutes past, the two still letting it sink in that they were trapped in this barn, alone and chained. Or at least, she was, and he was unable to remove the barrier blocking them in. She had begun to lose hope as well, mouthing ‘we’re f***ed’, and he agreed with her. As he got lost in thought however, his face soured, not liking the solution he found once he went back over the past weeks. “I reckon…thar be only one solution t' our problem, 'n it’s nah goin' t' be an easy one.” He turned to face her, brows furrowed as he lay slumped against the wall. “Elide only comes when thar’s somethin' serious…” he glanced down at her bruised arm, “we may 'ave t' do somethin' worse t' yer arm fer her t' come mend it. Then we could use her t' get out o' here somehow. But we can’t do it right away either, or they’ll dismiss it thinkin' we shall wants t' use her t' escape. Which, we would, but we don’t wants 'em knowin' that.” He frowned, head turning to gaze out the stall door. Although he hated being amongst new mothers and infants, he hated the silence surrounding them worse. With Ninaine also muted, he was the only one making noise, and he wasn’t a fan. Even on the ship there was always the sound of the waves and flags to keep him company. “I would take me leg again, but I don’t wants 'em knowin' I’m here either. They’ll separate us, 'n then we would be mighty f***ed.”

The Other Side

Duke Trill gave the Princess a nod, agreeing with her sentiment. “I will eventually, and hopefully soon. It gets lonely without company at my estate.” They waltzed around the floor easily, and when the song begin to slow and end, he moved them to be closer to the edge of the floor so she could depart easily. “I look forward to calling upon you.” Once the song officially ended and the next began its intro, he led her to edge of the floor, bowing to her. “Thank you for indulging me in a dance, your highness. I hope your night goes well, and tell your sister congratulations.” Once she departed from his side, he let out a sigh, looking out at the crowd. Now he had to decide what he was going to do with himself for the rest of the evening, his biggest wish now accomplished.

Reuben was delighted to have her take his arm, her hand warm against his fancy attire as he led her to the floor. It had been a while since he had danced, but he trusted he would have enough skill that they could blend in, and she wouldn’t feel uncomfortable. Bowing to her to start the dance, he began to take them around the floor, smiling down at the princess. Eyes were beginning to notice them as they did so. “I wish to know more about you,” he spoke, tilting his head. “Tell me something unique about you. Something different than say, your favorite color or the treat you steal from the kitchens. You tell me something, and I will tell something in return. We can go back and forth until the dance ends, or you bore of me quickly and part from my side,” he teased.

Karina wished to speak to her alpha about all the things happening, but with the traveling and worries over the pack, they had little time to discuss in depth all to be shared between them. He did mention a lupin though, one with a collar they had, and her eyes brightened slightly. Had they found Ander? Was he safe after all this time? Wishing to ask, she followed beside him through the night, helping her pack members that struggled alongside helping carry pups as needed. When her soulbound finally called for a rest, everyone was relieved to get a chance to get off their paws, her pack dispersing and laying in the lush grass. Not even the puppies had energy, curling up to their parents and sleeping. She made sure everyone was safe and comfortable, including Cloven who was fast asleep as soon as he was laid on the ground, before taking her chance to sit away from the large group towards the quiet. The female was comforted by the calmness of the forest, the breeze that shifted her fur. After so many months trapped behind false barriers, it was a relief to be free once more. As the winds brushed her pelt, she heard footsteps approaching, and turned her head to see her alpha approaching her, his tail wagging slowly behind him. Something told her this was unusual for him, considering his large and overbearing figure. He was one of the largest males she had ever seen. His rumbling voice washed over her, and a heat came to her cheeks to be addressed so softly, a genuine wish behind his eyes. “I…I think my pack is safe, for now,” she murmured to him, wishing to keep their conversation private as she took him in. This was the male she was meant to be with the rest of her days, the one fate deigned to be her companion until her death. Perhaps it took pity on her, having to rely on an older, breaking alpha to protect her, and gave her one that could not only protect, but provide the affections she so desperately craved. “As for me…” She stood to her paws, approaching him slowly. “I want to spend time with you.” She came up to him and circled him, pressing her pelt against his to claim him as her own before stopping at his other side and smiling. “Since we have a moment, anyways, and I can see you in the light.” Her own tail began to wag, leaning against him just so. “I am Karina of the Trailwoods. May I know your name, my alpha?”

Elijah

Elijah was elated as soon as Jezebeth grabbed his collar, pulling them towards her bed as jewelry and laces fell from her body, scattering across the floor. It was always his favorite, to watch everything unravel and her to appear to him. Even after all this time, she was always enticing, always infesting his dreams. He pulled the laces of her corset loose enough to drop her dress and it slid off her body as though it was a river through a forest, revealing absolutely nothing underneath. A wide grin spread across his face at the sight, sliding his hands down her body before he tossed her onto the bed, laughing as she undressed him, smothering him in kisses. He returned each and every one, and when she told him of her love, he wasn’t sure if he could be any happier even with their current circumstances. “I love you too, Jezebeth,” he told against her lips, “I cannot wait to be your King.”

Lythedh

“Enjoy your dance?” Lythedh asked, trying not to look irritated at what had occurred. He could sense the chemistry between the two, the way they matched each other almost perfectly on the floor. If her mother was still here, he could imagine she would instantly make them a betrothed match. He had to seem neutral as her slave however, only pleased to serve. Yes, it was his idea to dance with the man, but if he was being honest, he was hoping the man wasn’t attracted to women. He folded his hands behind himself, eyes peering down at Persefoni with intent. “My only regret agreeing to being your slave is I cannot share in a dance alongside you.”

Last edited by Pumpkin on April 19th 2024, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 19th 2024, 8:24 pm

Keeva

“You can’t see them?” Keeva asked, “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. My tribe couldn’t see them either… I’m assuming most others can not either.” She continued walking in her bipedal form, the pup securely in her two arms, her belly rather noticeable in her current form. The deeper they walked in to the forest, the more energy she felt flowing through her, soon enough, her paw prints she left behind were springing forth new life. “Remember when I told you I wasn’t exactly full Lupin?” Keeva started to explain, for a moment she paused among a small clearing of trees. “My mother was part Grove Guardian… She died protecting the grove our pack lived in when I was a young pup. Back then, our pack only consisted of my father, mother, and my Aunt… We were not strong enough to handle the attack that was sprung on us… My father was on a hunt when it happened.” Looking around there they stood in, her eyes followed the fae that danced in the fading moon light, “My mother is the reason I can see the Fae.” Her smile towards the little creatures fell as worry took hold, “I hope that doesn’t alarm you… or change how you feel about me. “ Crouching down to the forest floor, Keeva put her pup down before shifting. They had wondered several miles from the castle now, it’s view wasn’t even in sight anymore. “I think here would be a good spot, the fae seem to like this one.”

Ninaine

To the young woman’s surprise, Foalan snatched the flask, his eyes wide with excitement before he popped the top and chugged the contents. The man didn’t even try to save any of it for later! Watching him wide eyed, Nina felt a smirk start to pull at her lips causing the surprise to fade away, he was a pirate through and through. “You should have savored that… there’s no more where that came from.” she told him shaking her head a little still in disbelief from his reaction to the flask. She wondered, was he a raging alcoholic… hopefully not but… his reaction was worrisome- Wait.. why did she care? It wasn’t like she was gonna stay super close to him, she wasn’t going to join him on the sea… They’d go their separate ways after they got out of this. Wouldn’t they? Laying her head down on her knees, her good arm helped proper her head up to look at him, the other rested at her side. As he reveled in the horrid but clearly enjoyable alcohol Nina took in his features, from his sun bleached gray hair to his gray fur along his arms down to his feet, his nails had grown back well in the last week, not to mention Elide’s healing, it did wonders for him. Dropping her gaze to the floor, she didn’t want him to realize she was looking at him with such interest.. Why was she even doing that? Trying to take in the last kind face she’d see? She didn’t know… As her mind was slipping back into depression, Foalan made another suggestion. Her honey hues lifted to look at him, what was he suggesting? Paling at the thought, her arm was already in pain… was he suggesting to break it? As he continued on… his suggestion was brilliant Elide would have to come, as long as her father or whoever found her injured would call on the healer… The real question was, could she withstand that pain? “Then when should we do it?” She mouthed pointing to her arm to further clarify what she was trying to convey. If they didn’t do it right away, wouldn’t they question how she managed to break her arm? She supposed if she was to be beaten every day, tortured… it may not be that surprising if something didn’t seem broken until after the fact… The thought caused a chill to run down her spine. “You will stay hidden.” She mouthed to him, “I don’t want to be alone.” her eyes threatened to fill with tears again before she hid her face in her knees and skirt, she needed to toughen up or this ordeal would break her for good.

As the Princess got closer to Lythedh she could feel the tension that radiated off his pelt. A smirk pulled at her lips loving his jealousy, “I did indeed.” She answered as she stepped past him just a bit to take a glass off the butler tray. Pressing the wine glass to her lips she smiled at her slave as she took a long sip of the red wine within. Stepping around him to stand near the pillar, she flipped open her fan and gently fanned herself feigning that she was hot, “You do not have to be my slave… If you left the room through those doors, and came back in over there” She gestured with her eyes, “No one would be the wiser… and a man of your standing would be expected to be at such a Celebration. Now go, and come back to dance with me.” She whispered to him only lowering her fan to sip at her wine.

Princess Iris

With a curtsy from herself and a bow from her dance partner, Iris was soon being led around the dance floor by Vesper. As they danced, she came to realize just how tall he was, her heart raced as her eyes met with his, his request further flustering her. “I um…” She stammered having to pull her gaze away from his for a moment, “Well… “ She tried to think of a wonderfully unique thing about herself but, being put on the spot, it really threw her off. “I-” She paused she was about to let it slip that she cared for the beast folk that would have been a royal foot in the mouth moment. “I enjoy horse back riding.. I know that may seem rather plain but on the contrary… I prefer to race.” She shared bringing her eyes shyly back up to his own. “Now, it’s your turn… Tell me something that is unique to you.” she countered

Queen Jezabeth

After a night that was long yearned for, Jezabeth woke to panic in the halls, the king must have been found a small grin pulled at her lips. Throwing a blanket over Elijah as she got herself up out of the bed, the scream that rang through the hall was music to her ears. “That is my que.. You should leave my love, come to my comfort in an hour.” She requested as she quickly dressed herself. As she finished there was a frantic beating at the door. Opening it with an exaggerated panic, “What is the meaning of this?” Jezabeth acted along, something she was rather skilled at doing. “You Majesty! The King, he’s been killed!” a maid bawled before her. Rushing out of the room, Jez quickly shut the door behind her to run down the hall, “Augustus!?” Jezabeth cried out, running down that hall and turning the corner into the next wing she found his bedroom door wide open, blood was smeared across the door bloody drips and massive paw prints stained the floor… She did it, Keeva her beloved Lupin killed him. “NO!” Jezabeth wailed as she rushed to his bedside throwing herself on his cold stiff body, tears fell from her eyes as she imagined it being Elijah there instead of Augustus. “Where are they!” Jezabeth screamed back at the maids, “Who did this to my husband!” She cried before knocking the things of the night stand as she acted out her dramatic agony. “My girls… Where are my daughters?!” She feigned worry for her girls, she was well aware they were fine.

Maugrim

A silent nod to her answer was given, Maugrim stepped another foot closer to the female, finally they had a moment to take each other in, to meet each other… to get to know each other. His amber eyes followed her around himself as she rubbed up against him, marking him with her scent that was quickly growing familiar. Circling around his massive frame, the smaller female lupin around to his opposite side, wishing to learn more about him to this caused a grin to pull at his lips, he had to try to keep his excitement under control. He didn’t want to wake those already asleep or disturb any of the newborns and pups.  Still, the male kept his tail swaying at an even pace, if it did quicken in its pace it was quickly settled. It was still hard for the male to believe, he had been blessed by the mighty god Lupus with a second Soulmate. “It is an honor to meet you Karina, I am Maugrim Alpha of the Nightfall Tribe.”

In the distance, Akita stood smoldering, watching Maugrim with this other female, when she’d tried for months to work him over… she nearly had him to herself. A growling whimper left her as she watched them from her post across the way, out of sight and out of mind. “Aki.. You can’t get upset over something that was never yours..” A male leaning against a nearby tree muttered to the female. “Shut your trap.. I may not be able to confront him, but I damn sure can feel pain. Or do I not have a right to that either.” Akita snipped as she got up and walked off to keep watch. The male sighed and walked another direction to patrol.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 19th 2024, 10:36 pm

First

First shook his head, confirming he was unable to see the creatures she speaked of. As he looked up at her though, he noticed the way her stomach protruded, and his own stomach tightened at the sight, his heart beating quicker. It wouldn’t be too long before their litter arrived, and it was easier to see in this form than in her thick winter coat. A small bit of panic shot down his spine, anxious for their arrival. Would they be safe by the time they did? Would they be reunited with her father? Would her mistress be following them? He had to take a few deep breaths to soothe himself, not wanting to cause a scene. Keeva was already grieving her loss, he didn’t need her to ponder the possibility of more. Their litter would be safe, he would make sure of it, even if they were born among the Fae. Once he got a hold of himself, she began to explain her heritage, her story of growing up. They paused in a clearing, the grass soft and comfortable underfoot. Little flowers sprung up here and there, a colorful array of nature surrounding them. It was fitting that she spoke of the grove guardian mother she had, the way she protected all of them. He listened with intrigue, trying to imagine her mother in the glory she possessed. What was a grove guardian, and how did she meet Maugrim? He wanted to ask, but she instead interrupted by her worries, shifting back to her natural form. He had to clear his throat, stepping closer to her. “Nothing would change the way I feel about you,” he murmured. “I accepted every part of you the moment you became part of our pack. This does not change anything.” He pressed his nose to her cheek before looking around at the clearing once more, nodding at her suggestion. “If the Fae like it, and you like it, then I like it too.”

Lythedh

Lythedh’s amber eyes watched her grab a glass of wine, sipping from it behind her fan as she murmured to him from beneath it. He raised a brow down at her at her suggestion, ears going back slightly as their eyes met. “I agreed to be your slave. I will put up with other men parading you around for one night. I think if I spend too much time as my other self, I will grow sick of it and throw you against a wall. I don’t need to show my desire for my master so publicly.” He smirked just the slighest bit. “Besides. I think it’ll torture you too, to think of me ravishing you while with someone else. You need to be properly prepared for when I get you alone later. I do not plan to hold myself back, master. I will become what you desire most.”

Elijah

Waking to the sound of chaos, Elijah groaned and rolled over in Jezebeth’s bed, face buried in his silk pillow as footsteps raided the halls. Great, the castle had found the king. Sure enough, as his lover slipped out of bed after throwing a blanket on him, she told him to meet her in an hour before she feigned her horror to the maid and left the room, the door shutting securely behind her. What he wouldn’t do for another hour of peaceful sleep beside her. He eventually pushed himself up by his forearms, groaning again before getting out of bed and grabbing a new set of clothes, hidden away in Jezebeth’s closet for nights such as these. The others got tossed into the same hidden basket, to be whisked away and cleaned with the rest of the royal attire. Once he was prepared, he took himself to the barn in a snap, the sun shining through the slits in the roof. He had to ensure Ninaine’s capture, and also figure out what the hell he was going to do about the slaves that were taken. His crew were still in pursuit, following footsteps and some going around the forest best they could, to follow their exit. He would be there himself if he was not preparing to take the throne. Walking down the aisle, he folded his hands behind his back, summoning a platter of simple food in his hand. If he could keep his daughter sustained, perhaps she would be more complacent towards his plans for her.

Foalan

Foalan knew there was no more the instant he grabbed the flask from her hands. The thought of alcohol though was too enticing to withhold, and he had to consume every last drop to feel satisfied. It took the edge off his deep craving, but he knew he’d be needing more before too long. After finishing it, he noticed her gaze on him, and she quickly looked away when he met her gaze, her cheeks warm. What was that about? He watched her for a few moments longer before dismissing it, having changed the subject to their escape. To his surprise, she didn’t seem against it, rather seeming on board with it all. She asked when they should, and he gave it some thought before shrugging. “I’d say in a couple days. But it has t' be believable. Maybe one o' the guards be trying t' prevent ye from leavin’, 'n he keeps causin' injury t' ye. Eventually his strength be too much 'n he twists yer arm enough t' break it. We find some other guard that be expendable, he gets scuttled 'n ye get mended. Yer cap'n may 'ave put ye here, but if he doesn’t wants ye dead, 'n wants ye…breedable,” he growled at the word, “then he won’t put up wit' anyone harmin' ye. That’s when Elide can come in 'n take care o' it all. She can figure out how t' get the necklace, or make one o' her owns, 'n get us out. As long as we get t' the forest, we can hide. I’m mad thar’s no sea nigh here, but I’ll make do.” Sighing out, he hated the idea of her getting hurt again, despite knowing she could still use some pegs knocked down. He looked over at her, imagining her having to endure the beatings of another guard, blood splattered across her dress, her arm hanging by her side. Something began to burn in his core at the vision. It was if he could feel his body tensing again, wanting to lunge out and rip the man to shreds. His gaze bore into her own, his body going stiff as he was lost in his imagination, making up a scenario as though to prepare for the worst. Despite who she was, and what she had done, who she was affiliated with, he wanted to protect her. He wanted to see her rip a man’s throat out with her bare hands. That thought sent him on another rabbit trail, chasing after the thrill of her, of what she could be. If she didn’t have her cuffs, if she had magic, she could tear down rows of guards if she wished. The bloodshed would be oh so delightful to revel in. Blinking once, he found himself transported back to reality, facing Ninaine with darkened eyes and hands braced on the floor. A small sneer formed on his lips, and he huffed, pulling back and turning from her. “We needs sleep,” he grumbled, shame washing over him. The distance from the sea was making him delirious now. “We can solidify a plan on the morrow.” He then crawled over to the corner he was in when she was thrown in, digging into the hay and covering himself. Though not the most comfortable, he’d be hidden away from anyone passing, and hidden from her. He didn’t need her seeing the way she made him feel when lost in his head.

The Other Side

Ignoring the room around them, Reuben’s sole focus was on Iris, his smile steady as they danced round and round. His question seemed to startle her however, her stammering to find a suitable answer. She seemed to find one, and he was curious to what it was, but she quickly changed it to something else, and he tried to avoid prying about it. What was she initially going to say? He didn’t ask however, and rather instead chuckled at her response. “I like that. I can’t say I’ve ever met a lady who enjoys to race her horses, that’s unique. I can’t say I get many opportunities to just let my horse loose and embrace the wind. I’m usually having to patrol, or not be on my horse at all.” He realized that could be confusing, and he cleared his throat, scrambling for a reasonable explanation why a Duke would be on patrol. “I-I mean, patrolling my estate to check on my staff, of course. I have to walk slowly or just trot at fastest to get across my land. Galloping is simply out of the question.” Their eyes met again as she asked what he could say, and he had to think about his answer carefully. He couldn’t tell her anything of Es’lond or his prior job as much as he’d like to, so he had to either disguise it, or remember what he used to do before becoming a knight. “I like horses too, but since you already said that, and it’s pretty clear that I do, I guess I could say that I built a treehouse once when I was younger. It was the most pathetic little thing, made of scrap boards and bent nails, but I thought it was the coolest thing to make it with my own two hands, not even my parents helping. I’d climb up that tree and pretend I was on a raging sea, or looking for bandits in the jungle, or a knight defending his castle. I eventually grew out of it, quite literally as I was too big to comfortably fit, and I haven’t gone back to it. As far as I know though, the boards are still there, held tight by the tree. Maybe it’s made a home for a squirrel or a raccoon. That’d be a pretty good use of it now.”

Karina’s smile only broadened as soon as the male stated his name, feeling a rush come over her, solidifying her belonging to him. “Maugrim,” she spoke, her tail wagging faster. “I honestly can’t believe I get a soulmate…I thought it was just a pup tale. Not even Cloven found his, and he’s lived a long time.” She circled the male again before she pushed her head up underneath his, feeling the warmth of his soft neck fur as she breathed in his scent. It was comforting yet formidable, the scent of a warrior and leader. She had the feeling she would always be safe with his presence, no matter what the circumstance. Considering all he had done so far, it was hard to believe otherwise. “I do want to tell you though, of what I bring with me.” Looking out across the clearing, she didn’t see who she looked for, but she knew they were part of the group. “I have a daughter, a girl named Piece. She came from a prior…partnership I had. He’s long out of the picture, but I have her remaining, and she is part of her adopted sister’s group. You see, my friend was Cloven’s second mate, and we had our puppies around the same time…she passed having her three. So I raised them alongside Piece, an aunt raising her sister’s pups honestly is how it felt. First, Generate, and Clarify are the three. I mentioned First earlier. He is Cloven’s heir.” She sat next to her new mate, still looking out to see if any of the children would rise. They were still resting however. “Keeva was put in with our pack by the queen, her mistress. A lot happened that one of us will explain at some point soon...it is much to unpack now. But in the midst of it, First and Keeva became mates. They’ve been bound at the hip practically since we were all put in the dome.” She chuckled softly. “They are very strong though, and I imagine they’re racing towards the same destination as us about now. I can’t imagine them not being able to escape, not with Keeva’s knowledge.” Finishing her story, she looked up at the male, eyes shining for him. “You, however, mentioned you have a lupin in your care…Cloven’s pack is missing a member, one who was taken into slavery after a fight. He’s missing an ear and has dark red and brown fur, his name is Ander…is he by any chance the one you have with you?” Her chest swelled with hope, knowing how hard the loss had been on his sisters and the pack. There wasn’t a day that passed that fear didn’t drift through the dome, worried someone would snap and be taken away too. If Ander was safe, they could be reassured in knowing everyone was rescued, even the one they couldn’t rescue themselves.
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 19th 2024, 11:15 pm

Ninaine

As Foalan explained his thought process, the word “breeding” set them both on edge, his growl causing a shiver to run her spine. Ninaine didn’t even want to allow that thought a space in her mind, her virtue was nearly stolen from her once this week already… Surely… surly her father would not allow such a thing to happen to her… Torture yes, but to be considered part of the breeding stock? Were they enslaving humans for that purpose with the beastfolk now? She was so focused on the Lupin’s and Beast-folk she called her friends that she wasn’t sure what else was going on beyond this plantation. Looking over at him she lifted her head from her knees, “But how… how do we get a guard to come over?” She asked as she tried to use body language to get across what she was asking. Not being able to speak was sort of exhausting… lost in thought for a moment she didn’t notice how focused Foalan had become, until she looked back at him. He was staring rather intensely at her, “Foalan?” She mouthed his name waving her good hand at him, trying to get him out of his little daze he had slipped into. Inching closer her chain chimed from the links colliding with one another, focused on him she reached out to touch him, hoping to shake him from his sudden daze. Fear was creeping into her all over again, what was wrong with him? Was he okay? What was happening?! As her hand was about to touch his hand he came out of it. Confused, she watched as he turned from her insisting they needed sleep. Sighing, the one thing she could do, Nina watched him for a moment longer as he got comfortable in the straw before she too laid down, her back turned to him to allow him some sleeping privacy.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 19th 2024, 11:46 pm

Elijah

“Good morning, Ninaine,” Elijah spoke, walking up to the cell and lowering the platter, pushing it through a slot in the bottom of the door through the spell. It clanged loudly enough to wake her from her bed in the hay, and he stood with hands behind his back before the stall. “I hope you have thought about your actions and have repented for them. It’s such a shame that I raised you alone, gave you everything I had and sacrificed for you, only for you to throw it away the moment I give you any sort of power.” He scowled, eyes narrowed. “You were going to become a princess. You would have a title, wealth, everything I worked so hard to give you. But you failed and disappointed me.” Looking around the cell, he clicked his tongue, before looking back to her. “As far as I know though, you aren’t completely worthless. You shouldn’t have had your innocence taken from you just yet, which works well in my favor. I have many a noblemen who would pay good money to be your first, and provide themselves an heir worthy of their title. Being my daughter has its perks, and we will make a fine alliance with your contribution. With so many sullied women out there, being a pure one is a rarity.” He flicked a piece of dust off his jacket, seemingly casual considering the circumstances. “Iris is likely to join you. Her mother and I have been arranging a suitor to court her, so she can gain us extra leverage in the attacks we plan to make in the future. Even her older sister is being worked to marry Balgarious’ king, and grant us so many new powers and new stock of slaves. Really, I suppose I should thank you. I get a chance to buy many new, intriguing slaves, and you get to give me a grandchild worthy of the time I spent on you.” His eyes trailed down to the platter. “Eat well, Ninaine. By the end of the week, you will be freed, off to a new place. Won’t that be exciting?” A slow, snake-like smile curved over his lips. “You’ll finally get to leave like you always wanted.” With that, he turned on his heel, walking from the barn and making himself useful until his queen needed him to play his part, and be crowned like he was always meant to be.
    Once he was gone, the wolf boy crawled from the straw, shaking it off him like a dog and watching him through a hole in the wood, ensuring he was far out of earshot before he turned to Ninaine. “Ye know, it may nah seem like it, but I don't like t' be right,” he muttered, looking back one more time before he crawled on hands and knees over to her side. “But…he may 'ave given us wha' we needs.”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 20th 2024, 12:03 am

Ninaine

Sitting up quickly, Nina glared up at her father with puffy eyes from all the tears she’d cried the night prior. Her gaze dropped to the dish of food, its loud clatter echoed in the empty barn. Lifting her gaze from the platter, she slowly looked up at her father as she spoke outside the stall. Each word he spoke caused her heart to race till it was beating in her ears… anger built in her chest as he spoke of her virtue as an item that could be sold to noble men so she could sire them an heir, how could he be serious… Her own father! Seething where she sat she picked up a piece of bread from the platter and chucked it at him, of course it just hit the barrier and fell to the straw but it felt good throwing the damn thing. Standing to her feet she paced back and forth with what little room she had until she finally slammed her fists against the barrier wishing the damn thing would break but of course it didn’t and it greeted her with an unpleasant shock. Yelling voices lessly, all the curses a young lady should never shout to the gods, plopping back down in the straw after her tantrum of sorts she hid her face in her knees again before rasing her head up just enough to where she could see Foalan. Annoyed with his “I hate to be right’ chatter she held up her hand and mocked him. Of course she regretted it promptly after and apologized, he wasn’t trying to get a rise out of her… However what he said last caused Nina to tilt her head curiously, how so?

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 20th 2024, 12:15 am

Foalan

Foalan watched her tantrum with some amusement, but he hid it well as he had stayed aside until she finished. He would have attacked the man if he could, but that would not end well for either of them. He could tell she cursed up a storm, which was still amusing him in this moment, but once more, she could take those cuffs and knock him out on the side of the head if she so wished. Sitting bside her, she gave him an incredulous look before picking up her hand, mocking his words. He swatted it away with a scowl. “Squawk squawk,” he mouthed back, puppeting his hand in return. She immediately apologized though, and he raised a brow, unsure of why she did. An apology wasn’t needed when he wasn’t truly insulted. He preferred her fighting back. Regardless, she seemed to want to know what he meant, and he leaned back on a hand. “We get a poor suitor. Someone wit' an easy temper, that doesn’t like bein' told no. Ye fight against it, 'n he gets angrier 'til he puts his hands on ye. Use that t' yer advantage 'til somethin' breaks or bends. Then, Elide has t' come 'n take care o' ye fer the next suitor. Yer cap'n clearly would jus' find another suitor fer ye rather than toss yer worth away. Nah that I reckon ye’re worth all that much, but semantics.” He smirked, tilting his head. “I’d sell ye fer a bottle o' rum.”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 20th 2024, 12:30 am

Ninaine

Getting the hand puppet treatment right back caused a small smile to twitch at her lips. Shoving him over, she was surprised at how much force she had to use to get him to even teeter to one side, her chains chiming as she moved. If this situation wasn’t what it was, she would be embarrassed that the male in the cell with her now knew she was yet to be deflowered. It was a fact she wasn’t exactly liking being all out in the open. How did her father even know?! He kept her busy with school and work. Maybe that was why… Shaking her head as her mind traveled around collecting and building more questions to throw at herself. When Foalan’s voice broke the silence, Nina looked to him listening to his plan. “But, we wont know who or what temperament the noble will have…” She spoke, again forgetting she was mute. However, Foalan’s tease caused her to gasp and look at him before seeming clearly offended before promptly using her body weight to shove him over into the straw. “Rude, absolutely rude. I’m worth at least a hundred barrels of Rum” scuffed before chuckling and shining a grin down at him as she gestured what she spoke.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 20th 2024, 12:43 am

Foalan

It probably wasn’t the best plan, and even if it was something to think about, Ninaine still had qualms about it. He didn’t understand what she mouthed, but if it was anything, it was that there were still things to discuss about it to make it safe. Elijah was making this far too hard to escape, which he supposed was intentional. He’d keep Ninaine in his grasp for as long as he possibly could. That was when her brow furrowed and she huffed before throwing herself on him, knocking him back into the straw. The action shocked him momentarily, stuck staring wide-eyed up at her as she mouthed of being worth a hundred bottles of rum. It took him a moment to get his bearings after such a hard landing, especially with her straddling his waist like a horse. She was so proud of herself… His face burned against his will as he stared up at her, but a slow smirk made its way across his face as he braced a hand on the ground and slowly sat up, his other hand going to her chin and holding it firmly. “How I love this pretty, silent mouth o' yers.” His thumb stroked her skin just so, before he whipped his hand away and snorted as though he hadn't done anything at all. “Blisterin' barnacles…a cask o' rum. Better?” The male couldn’t help but chuckle, eyes shining. “Maybe two if I’m feelin’ too lonely. Final offer."
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 20th 2024, 1:12 am

Ninaine

Victory, proud of her accomplishment, Nina sat there, straddling his waist. That triumphant smirk on her face not fading, that is until he sat up. Foalan’s shock faded, his eyes gazed into her own as a smirk pulled at his lips. What had she just done? He wasn’t her childhood friend… he wasn’t a boy she was so familiar with she thought of them as a sibling, no.. he was a pirate and if he decided too he could take her for himself. With that realization, his lips parting and what he said caused her face to burn, the feeling of his thumb stroking her skin, Oh no no no no…. Quickly she shuffled back from him, trying to act as natural as he was but failing. A quick nod to agree to simply agree, even though it wasn’t the right response she was worth way more than just a case or whatever he said. Unablet to look him in the eyes she simply stared at the corner across the stall, where the door met the wall. It was then she heard someone coming, bringing her index finger to her lips, NIna gestured for him to be quiet and then to hide.

When a voice finally sounded Ninaine looked up to see the vibrant hues that belong to Logan. “Niniane…” He spoke shaking his head, “What the hell did you do?” He asked his voice breaking as he lifted his hands to the stall door, ripples of purple magic dance across the barrier. Nina stood and tried to get to the other side but her collar pulled her back. She wanted to explain to him but… he wouldn’t understand let alone be able to read her lips. “When I heard there was a traitor in the barn being held prisoner I didn’t want to believe it… I hope you had been abducted, or better yet killed in all honesty…” the panic rising to his face “I knew i shouldn’t have left you here… There has to be some explanation.. Why, why did you do it? You knew what would happen.” He paced back and forth. “Did you also have a hand in the killing of the King?” He asked, his face reddening his voice cracking. “I should have stayed… “ he repeated. “Iris is suffering and she can’t even be close to her best friend because you were an idiot and decided to ‘save the slaves’ by the gods Ninaine… “ looking away from him, Nina took a deep breath, word spread fast it seemed. When she saw him she hoped he would some how break the barrier or try to get her out at least “I can’t save you…” was the last words Logan muttered to her through the bars, the grown man had tears in his eyes and only further irritated NIna, what was she expecting? He was too much of a rule follower to even attempt it… Flopping back down in the straw, Nina shook her head to herself before looking at Foalan and telling him to “Fuck off” with a single finger gesture knowing exactly what he was going to say about Logan.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 20th 2024, 1:27 am

Foalan

Smirking up at her, Foalan awaited his punishment, a retort or another shove down, maybe a cuff on the ear if he was lucky. His eyes stared into her honey brown ones, ones that taunted him in his sleep. Surely she had a good insult lying in her chest. But in an insant, as though burned with a hot iron, she scrambled off of him across the stall, all her color fading from her face. He was stunned still, unsure of what to do. He hadn’t said or done anything out of the ordinary, had he? He gave her a genuine compliment wrapped in some sarcasm. Had his compliment really caused her to flee from him The wolf boy was left confused, wanting to ask what he did, when footsteps came echoing down the hall and he darted into the shadows after Ninaine shooed him away futher, gesturing him to hush. He lifted his hands in a shrug as if to say ‘would I really be loud right now?’ before cowering into the hay. By his surprise, the voice turned out to belong to Logan, the man who had cleaned up the corpse of the man he killed. Despite Foalan’s dislike, maybe he could help and get Elide for them, or better yet grab the necklace and undo the barrier. But as he listened, he found that would not be the case. Logan, just like he thought, was not trustworthy. When Ninaine needed him most, he abandoned her, all for the sake of…whatever moral compass he decided to get. Foalan listened to him continue with a hardened face. What high ground did he think he had? Logan was nothing more than any of the rest of them, not to mention complicit in a murder. The man should be in a cell with them, but Ninaine protected him. Maybe she would learn her lesson on trust after this. Then again…she shouldn't have trusted himself either. The man began to step away, and Ninaine send a gesture Foalan’s way, interrupting the comment they both knew he’d say. But Foalan wasn’t about to let another person come up and belittle her. “F***ing coward,” he spat, standing up and walking to the bars with bared canine teeth towards Logan. He didn’t care if the boy told, not if he could hide. If the door was open, Foalan would have added him to his death count. “Ye’re no better than the Denmaster. Ninaine sacrificed herself fer those below her 'n ye dare t' punish her fer it when ye knew this was how 'twould end up. Ye’re lucky I can’t get out o' this stall. I’d pummel ye jus' like I did the last guard.” His hands were tight in fists, his knuckles white as he glared down Logan across the barrier. “Get off yer high ground 'n settle in the mud ye belong in, ye sewage rat.”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 20th 2024, 2:00 am

Ninaine

Logan was nearly out of the barn when he heard another voice… So there was a slave left behind. “Guess you couldn't save them all could you Ninaine.” Logan blurted back before flipping him the bird. And continuing on out, hardly paying any mind to the bullshit the beast yelled at him.

All the while, Ninaine frantically pulled on the wolf boys clothes trying to get him to stop while he's ahead. If she could have tackled him before he had a chance to start shouting for all the world to hear she would have, but there wasnt enough time. Frantically she grabbed one of his arms and tried to pull him away. It would be a miracle if they didn't come and take him away… once she did manage to get him to stop it was already too late, the damage was done. “Idiot.” She muttered fear was taking hold again, along with disbelief, how was he going to succeed at hiding now.. Siting back down on the cold stone floor she put her head in her knees once again, this time mostly trying to comfort the ache in her head. She didnt want to be alone agaim and that was all she could see… being in this stall without a comrade. Hugging her knees tight she tried to calm her fears, she tried to not think About the possible men who Elijah planned to sell her off too… but it was impossible.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 20th 2024, 11:40 am

Foalan

Seething, Foalan growled after the man as he walked away, ready to throw himself at the barrier to break it if need be. How Mellowfork managed to hit all his nerves, he didn't know. But he regretted Ever appreciating Logan for what he did. Being pulled back by Ninaine, he eventually stumbled back and landed next to her, her hand on his arm scolding him for his actions. He wasn't remorseful. “No one ‘eard me, lass,” he muttered, propping a leg up and resting his arm upon it. “‘E can go rot n’ hell alongside yer cap'n.” He waited a few moments, letting his anger slowly settle, before he laid down on the ground next to her and stared up at her tearful face. He wasn't sure if there was any perfect solution to their problem. He could break her arm still, but it wasn't preferred regardless. He hated every bit of this. If he hadn't been in this damn stall, he could have freed her somehow. Foalan's eyes continued to watch her, unsure of what to do, when he sighed out and stared up at roof. “Maybe…maybe we tell ‘im ye need a checkup o’ sorts, t’ make sure yer capable o’...doin’ what he wants,” he grumbled, closing his eyes. “She'd have t’ confirm ye can even ‘ave the so called ‘heir’.”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 20th 2024, 12:14 pm

Ninaine

Hitting the stone floor, Nina winced but did her best to ignore her rear was now sore. “No one heard you?” rolling her eyes “Doubt that…” She grumbled voicelessly. Shaking her head she couldn’t believe what just took place. If Logan realized no one knew about the wolf boy in her stall he’d surely spread the word… He never kept secrets of those he didn’t care for. By the gods did he hear her yesterday when she was talking to Elide… What if, what if she was detained !? They’d truly be fucked then… she was their only hope at this point. Feeling nauseous, Nina put her head down on her knees to try and block out her fears, to block out the stress she was going through. For a while,  the two were enveloped in silence during that time she kept her head against her knees, it was only when she heard the straw rustling that she lifted her head to look down at him, his gray and white hair fell to either side of his face, giving her a clear view of his striking eyes. His hues were fixed on the ceiling, the empty hay loft and what little light shined through the boards above. When the wolf made his next suggestion Nina looked at him, her face growing red all over again, thank god they had magic healers in Mellowfork to do such examinations… if it was the average doctor… things would get rather personal real quick in this damn stall. “Its not a bad idea…” She mouthed giving him the thumbs up as she mouthed to him. But her one question was how would they convince her father that she needed such a examination… She was healthy and young there should be much to worry about and clearly he knew she was a virgin. It wasn’t like he had to make sure she wasn’t damaged goods. “How though?” Wait… why was she trying to talk to him like this he could read right? Pulling out her book she flipped to the blanke pages in the back fo the book and began writing. “How though? My father knows I’m untouched and above all else, I’m young and healthy… Nothing warrants an examination of that nature.” sliding the book to him she waited, hoped that he could actually read…

Iris / Rainier / (Logan)

Mourning the loss of her father, the Princess kept herself locked in her room most the day following her birthday celebration, rejecting all that came to her room. Augustus may have been an absolutely horrid person to those that were not human but he was still the man that she knew to be her father. Memories of their time together floated around in her mind, he thought her to ride, helped her realize how beautiful nature was… she’d never forget all the fun they had when she was just a small child. Yet, what hurt the most, what caused the most pain was the fact her mother did this… She was no fool. The princess knew damn well that Keeva would never attack anyone unless ordered to do so. Her mother tried to say she did not order her Lupin, that it was a rogue action but there was no way… Iris knew the female lupin much to well for that to be the case. “She killed him didn’t she…” Iris whimpered in the darkness of her room. Rainier stood silently near the door wishing to comfort the girl. “Yes, Jezabeth ordered the execution of your father.” He murmured as he stepped closer, “Keeva and her mate had no choice… “ Rainier clarified his voice a low rumble as to not allow anyone outside the room to hear. “And… I feel there is more you must know, your Majesty.” Leaning down to meet her ear, the black leopard like cat-folk shared what happened at the barn, “I do not know if it holds true… but I fear the worst for Nanaine.” Iris’s eyes widened fear struck her chest, would her own father kill Nanaine for committing such a crime.. Surely not surely he would reconsider. A knot formed in her stomach, what if her Best Friend had survived and left with the Slaves, that was the best case scenario right? But… What if she hadn’t? With her heart racing, Iris gave Rainier a pleading look, “I want you to confirm this news for me… “ fidgeting with her dress she sighed, tears beginning to fall down her cheeks again. “There is one more thing your Majesty… “ the feline sat on the window bed beside, a tiny bit of light was peaking through the curtain, it danced across the bridge of his nose to his vibrant blue hues. “Your mother has issued an investigation… I believe she’s going to try to frame those who attended the Celebration last night and Vesper is one that is trapped within these castle walls… You seemed to fancy him when I returned to the ballroom which is why I felt I should make you aware.” his hand rested on hers. “What would I do without you Rainier.” She murmured before scooting towards him and leaning against his chest for comfort. At first he was a little surprised but quickly wrapped his arms around her, for a moment the two sat in the dark of her room, the feline listening to her sniffles. As Rainier sat with the Princess against his chest, he took in her features, her swollen and red eyes, her pink nose and her messy hair from the nights rest and constant wallowing in her grief. Many of these things would turn a man away from a woman, seeing her at her worst… but he couldn’t help but be attached to her. It was a shame however, that she did not see him as a potential partner… She saw him as her friend and that was better than nothing.

After about an hour, Rainier helped the Princess get ready, he assisted her with her make up, something he tended to do when she refused her ladies in waiting. Once she was presentable, the male cat-folk got himself cleaned up and ready, which consisted of drying his fur and changing his attire to a more suitable one. Leaving her room they quickly traveled to the throne room where all the guests had been moved for interrogation. “I will deal with this here… please go find Nina.” she murmured to him as softly as she could.” With a nod of his head he parted from her side and took the quickest path from the castle to the barn, making sure he wouldn’t be noticed and if he was her had Iris’ royal medallion to hopefully protect him.

A slight disappointed look fell over her eyes but it quickly left being replaced with desire causing warmth to her cheeks. “My my… what a naughty tiger.” She whispered from behind her fan as she gently fanned herself. “Not only is he disobeying his master but he’s also wanting to torture her.” She teased him a smirk pulling at her lips. Her yearning for him was only growing, she had danced with one man already and really wasn’t looking forward to dancing with any others aside from Lythedh but he wasn’t brave enough to allow her that delightful experience,. Placing her glass down on a nearby butler tray she stepped away from Lythedh, “I hope you can live up to my expectations.” with that being murmured just for his ears, the Crowned Princess seemingly began heading for the powder room. Folding her fan shut as she entered the room, leaving Lythedh in the ballroom, Persefoni grinned to herself, ‘Two can play that game my darling’ she thought to silently. Making a few minor adjustments to her dress, ones that Morgan installed for this exact purpose. Persefoni couldn’t help but smirk to herself, her cleavage was now more visible, the deep V cut traveled down to almost her navel, thin black lace was all that would be between her and her dance partner when dancing, the curve of her bosoms would not go unmissed however, the most sensitive of skin was covered just barley. Touching up her makeup, Persefoni soon left the room a devilish grin flew to her lips as she locked eyes with Lythedh.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 20th 2024, 4:58 pm

Foalan

Ninaine questioned that he was telling the truth, and Foalan met her eyes as he lay next to her, his eyelashes darkening them as he folded his hands under his head. “I 'ave better hearin' than a human. I can hear when someone be nearby, 'n nobody has been here all mornin'. If Logan mighty feels it necessary t' say I be here, then we shall deal wit' that when it happens.” As they continued to sit and lay in silence, he suggested his next solution, and her face became red, her gaze vanishing from his. Was it really that embarrassing to discuss? Perhaps girls like her weren’t like the pirates that discussed their bedroom life day in and day out to fill their time. Perhaps he didn’t really mind the change. She questioned how, but before he could answer, she fiddled with her skirt until she pulled out her book and a pencil, jotting down a few sentences before handing it to him. He held it open above his head, narrowing his eyes as he looked at it before looking back at her. “Wha's this say? Admittin' ye ain’t a pearl?” he spoke, his expression neutral. After a moment though, he cracked a wide, cheeky grin. “I’m literate, don’t worry. T' that, I say I don’t know. A couple things come t' mind, but ye’d hate all o' 'em, so it’s like enough fer the best I don’t say. But, ye could jus' play into yer cap'n’s hand. Ye could tell 'im he injured ye 'n ye won’t cooperate or meet wit' anyone 'til ye’ve seen a healer. That’s the most innocent one I can reckon o', so if nah that, I don’t 'ave any better options, only more intensive.” He shrugged, grabbing her pencil from her hand before turning the page, scribbling something down.
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 20th 2024, 5:15 pm

Ninaine

Though the wolf boy insisted no one was near when he was yelling at Logan, Nina was still worried someone had heard, for now though she would have to trust Foalan. Eyeing him from where she hit her face, the boy wasn’t phased at all… did he have no sense of modesty or were Pirates just indecent individuals. Over coming her embarrassment, Ninaine remembered she had her book and writing utensil. Jotting down what she was trying to tell him she handed him the book only to feel utter disappointment when he narrowed his eyes at her writing and acted as though he could understand. However, luckily he was simply teasing her earning him a swift hit to the arm. Exhaling deeply, Nina flopped over beside him to see what he was writing, her head right next to his to see what he was scribbling. She did have a few questions though, like what were the more intensive options ? And sure she didn’t like them but she really had no other options here… everything was worth hearing at this rate.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 20th 2024, 5:21 pm

Foalan

As Foalan scribbled, he felt a slap upon his arm and jolted, though grinned despite it to know she was back to her jesting self, at least for now. If it kept her out of depressing thoughts, he’d put up with just about anything. He stuck his tongue out slightly as he took his pencil across the page, focusing intently, but he was stunned when he felt shifting next to him, and Ninaine’s head came onto his shoulder, looking at his page. His heart began to beat wildly, unsure of how to react. Was she really this comfortable? Swallowing his fear, he continued with his work before he turned the book towards her, smirking. It revealed a crudely drawn picture of himself, taking up the whole page. “Enjoy,” he told, holding back a laugh as he handed back her book and pencil. He didn’t have much of an excuse for drawing, he just felt like it. He hadn’t had the chance to do so for a while, and she gave him the perfect opportunity.
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 20th 2024, 5:40 pm

Ninaine

Laying there patiently waiting to see what he was writing, the wolf boy flashed her a smirk which resulted in a concerned look to flash over her face… was- was he drawing in her book and not writing ? and if so what the heck was he drawing… When he finally flipped it around to her so she could see the Ninaine couldn’t help but laugh and shove him before taking her book back and smacking him on the chest with it. Snatching the pencil from him she scooted away from him just slightly, now that her curiosity had been fed. Beginning to write on the following page, “Hahaha… Now, what were your other suggestions? Yes, I probably wont like it but I really don’t have much of a choice here so hearing all the options we have will help me narrow it down..” Pausing for a moment she tapped her pencil on the book before handing it over again. Scooting down a little and moving the straw around she made herself a comfortable spot about a foot away form him to lay down. She had slept poorly the night before with all that happened on top of the cold… resting her head while they used the book to talk seemed like a great idea to her.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 20th 2024, 5:54 pm

Foalan

It didn’t take any time at all before the wolf boy was hit again, this time on the chest with her book, and he laughed along with her. He was pleased to have made her laugh, even if silent, seeing the sparkle in her eyes. She always looked much better when she was happy, even if her disgruntled face was amusing. It was only amusing however if he was the one causing it. Adjusting where he lay, hiding his disappointment that she moved away from him, he watched her write again on the next page. So she kept his drawing, and didn’t scribble over it. He smiled at the gesture. He placed his hands under his head again, gazing at her contently. Logan’s issue seemed to have left them now, as it should have. He never fully trusted the man, and now that he had shown his true colors, there was no point in dwelling on his betrayal. Once Ninaine turned the book around, he read over the words before chewing on his cheek, meeting her gaze. “Ye’re sure? I’m a pirate, I don’t make good suggestions.” Sighing, he shrugged before finding the suggestions and pulling out one of his hands to number them off. “One, ye could simply lie 'n say ye’re nah a pearl, 'n lay wit' someone before now. Two, ye could sleep wit' me, 'n it wouldn’t be such a lie. Three, Elide could pretend ye’re expectin' a child, 'n that I or some better male am the father. Four, Elide says ye can’t 'ave kids.” After numbering them off, he met her gaze again, his face warming despite his unwillingness of it. “Five, ye go along wit' yer cap'n 'n let scallywags take advantage o' ye 'til ye can run away 'n flee.” After a short pause, he looked back up at the roof, looking at her out of the corner of his eye. “I told ye they weren’t great.”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 20th 2024, 6:18 pm

Ninaine

As Foalan read her question, he seemed to hesitate… were they really that bad? She wondered curiously as she gazed over at him, straw clinging to her hair from where she laid. Nodding her head somewhat hesitant she knew his suggestions were all they had right now, she was too distraught half the time to think properly to throw her own out there. The wolf began rattling off what he had managed to think up, her cheeks began to warm with the first one and the second caused not only her face to turn pink but also her ears. Basically the first two options were the same one, there was no one she could bed that was outside the cage they were trapped in, no one could open this stall unless they had magic to counter act the necklace… Foallan was her only option. Ninaine’s face grew hotter as she thought about it more. Would it even work though? It would get them both killed… Not to mention making love in a horse stall was not how she imagined her first time going, even more so with someone she didn’t fancy… she didn’t fancy him did she? However, he was the better option between him and those she didn’t know or want touching her… Wait did she want him to touch her? Rolling over to face away from her company she felt like steam was going to come out her ears with how hot her face was. She could try lying about her virtue… Maybe just maybe Elijah would question it if she did challenge him with it… and if he didn’t then, laying flat again she glanced over at Foalan her heart beating loudly in her ears. It was definitely better then obtaining a broken limb. Slowly, she took the book back and the pencil. For a moment she sat there holding the writing utensil clearly thinking about what she was about to write. “I will attempt to lie to Elijah and if he doesn’t buy it -” She stopped writing and put the book down beside herself struggling to look a him it was much better then a broken limb at least she assumed it would be.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 20th 2024, 11:44 pm

Foalan

After Foalan prattled off the suggestions he had, he lay once again with both hands under his head, awaiting her written response. He wouldn’t mind working with her…intimately in order to help them escape. She probably knew that, but judging by the way she reacted earlier with just his touch, he couldn’t imagine her allowing his touch let alone removing any of their clothing. The male sighed out, disappointed. Depending on how long they were stuck here, he was going to have a boring time, and also have to deal with the fact that she wasn’t as unattractive as she wished to be. He had already dreamt of her once since meeting her and he despised it ever since. He glanced over to her as he thought of her, and their eyes met, her face completely ablaze. Had he really caused that much of a stir within her? A slight smirk came on his lips, watching her write down her response finally before setting it on the ground. Foalan noticed it wasn’t finished, her pencil slipping on the page. What was she going to write? He gazed at it a few moments later before chuckling softly. “I am nay a filthy sailor when it comes t' love makin',” he mused quietly, looking away from her. “But I am sure wha' ye be thinkin', 'n wha' I can assume, be that this stall be the worst place t' make that commitment, 'n I agree. I would prefer a swayin' ship, me partner 'n I movin' wit' the waves o' the sea. Or maybe in a meadow if I mighty had t' be on land.” He shrugged. “I’ve ne'er been t' a meadow.” A thought came to mind and he smirked again. “Where would ye do it?”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 21st 2024, 12:20 am

Ninaine

Biting her lip Ninaine she laid there thinking about how she should finish her sentence… Rather, she knew the answer she needed to give but it was rather impossible to write. This is not how she wanted it to go but it sure as hell beat breaking her damn arm or other body part. Sitting up, she got on her hands and knees to reach for the book when Foalan began to speak, her cheeks still as red as a rose. Without looking at her he shared the fact that he wasn’t a filthy man when it came to intimacy, that was a relief but what he added after that caused her to fluster all over again. Damn she wished she had a fan… She thought he was so explicit but she couldn’t help but wonder what it was like, making love on a sh- No, no no she didn’t care waht that was like it wasn’t going to happen… If this was to be their best way out without maiming her limbs, it would be a one and done thing. Collecting the book she sat bad down on her right knee, her other leg slightly extended dropping the pencil in her lap she quickly drew back the book and smacked him again with it, “You’re not helping.” She mouthed before huffing and scooting back against the stall wall to work on completing the damn sentence. “I will attempt to lie to Elijah and if he doesn’t buy it … then I guess I will have to accept your offer… It’s better than breaking my limbs.” below that she wrote “... Never would have imagined doing that here… not ideal at all…” Once she had finished writing it she closed the book and flung the book at him. Too embarrassed to see him read it she moved away from the wolf boy to examine the platter of food she was given. Staring at it, her stomach growled, was it edible? Her father didn’t put anything in it did he?... Like they did the Lupins…

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 21st 2024, 12:41 am

Foalan

Foalan couldn’t help but notice the way she pondered his words. For the first time, she actually thought about such things rather than shoving it away or slapping him one way or another. His gaze continued to be set on her until she picked up her book again, smacking him with it. What had she been imagining? Why had this explanation of himself caused her to think so much about it? Her face was red enough that he could almost imagine what was going on in her head. Maybe she was finally starting to think about what he would be like to her, reveling in her in the nighttime. His eyes trailed up and down her body, taking his own time to imagine when she seemingly shook off her visions and went back to writing, on the same page he noticed. Was she finishing her sentence officially? Foalan sat up slowly, braced on the wall as he tried to peer over her shoulder to read to no avail. It was only a moment later that she finished, threw the book at him, and turned away in an instant. His brow raised, but he picked up the book, ignoring the pain in his arm from where it hit as he flipped through useless pages until coming across the one she wrote on. It was difficult to hide the grin on his face, and he folded one leg over the other, his face red as he tossed the book gently back to her. “I’m definitely better than breakin' an arm,” he told her quietly. “I would still rather nah do such a thing in here…but I could give ye a taste tonight, when the stars appear. Somethin' t' make sure ye know wha' t' expect from me, 'n if ye would enjoy it, or rather endure pain instead. I won’t be offended if ye choose the latter.” A pause. “Scratch that, I would be offended. I wants t' make ye yearn fer more...'specially wit' me.” He did notice, however, that she never answered his question. Maybe, once she experienced what he had to offer, she’d know where she wanted him to take her further.
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 21st 2024, 1:08 am

Ninaine

Sitting there staring at the food, she contemplated the decision she had made… it was the best option but it also had many unknowns… it was a risk she was going to have to take however and there was little she wouldn’t give up to be free. Hearing the book hit the floor behind her told Ninaine that the wolf had read it, his soft murmur further confirming, sending a shiver down her spine. As Foalan continued, was some what surprised at his Pirate-like gentleman manners… he was being thoughtful of how she felt with the situation, willing to try and back off if things were too much for her to go through with. She was relieved to hear he wouldn’t be offended but after a small pause he took that back which caused her to look back at him and roll her eyes before flipping him off. Still unable to get herself to touch the food, she picked up the bread she had chuckled earlier and picked the straw off of it, at least it shouldn’t be tampered with… right? As she examined the bread Foalan continued on… wait what did he say? ‘yearn for more’ dropping the bread as he finished that statement, her mouth opened and closed clearly shocked, stammering in her mute world. Ninaine had to look away from him. Biting her lip, was he being serious? She thought he didn’t like her, didn’t find her attractive… What happened to being a damn parrot?! Or her worth being worth no more than a mug of rum. This was a joke right? Another one of his teases?

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 21st 2024, 1:23 am

Lythedh

Persefoni addressed him again, her face warm as she teased about his behavior, and Lythedh couldn’t help the wide smirk he gave her. “I warned you that your slave does not like to obey, and he tests his boundaries,” he spoke smoothly, taking a small side step closer to her. “It is difficult for him to cooperate when he has something so enticing before him.” He wished he could lean closer to her, breathe in her perfume and let it consume him like a drug. He already experienced it when she prepared herself, knowing exactly what he liked and what drove him up a wall. She was toying with him as though he was her prey, and he was ecstatic for it. She whispered to him that she hoped he lived up to her expectations, and he nodded slowly, straightening in his stance. “I will exceed them,” he told her back, his voice but a murmur before she removed herself from his side. The tiger took a step to follow her, but she was making it clear she was not to be followed, so he waited impatiently by the wall as he watched the crowd. Maybe he could have shifted to experience a dance with her. It was a difficult decision to make, but he didn’t want to cheat out of the presence he gave off to her dance partners, the way he could clear a path for her. It made him feel more powerful than he usually did, and he wanted to be drunk on that power. Minutes past before he finally noticed her out of the corner of his eye, and when he turned his head, all thoughts immediately left his mind. Her bare skin was fully on display and prepared to turn other heads besides his own. He imagined his tongue on that beautiful pale skin, his hands slipping under the thin black lace of the edges. It wouldn’t be hard to slip his hand below the end of the opening and make her beg for him. A small bit of drool had accumulated on his lip, and he had to quickly wipe it away, diverting his eyes despite every fur on his body itching to run up and consume her. Persefoni was making him pay every penny for the decision he made, as though preparing he would do so. Clever, clever mistress. Another man approached her, practically drooling himself, and this time she could not block the interested parties as they asked for a dance, lining up to get a chance with the crown princess, who now gave them a taste of what they could have. Lythedh, for once in his life, hated being a tiger.

Foalan

The wolf boy watched her intently, awaiting her response to his words. Surely she’d be comforted, knowing he wanted her to feel wanted in his attention and intimacy. Just because he was a pirate didn’t mean he’d take whatever he wanted without regard for the other person. When you’re locked at sea, you don’t make enemies, and you aren’t disrespectful to your crew or you’re tossed overboard. She was his crew now, the one person he could ally with despite their differences. Rather than sharing anything more however, she dropped the bread she was holding, bewilderment coming over her face. Again, what had he said? One minute she’s accepting his intimate offer and the next she’s acting as if he’s never spoken a single word of it before. “I mean it,” he said quietly, unsure of how to proceed. “I’ll be disappointed if ye hate me more aft. Ye seem like someone I’d enjoy rockin' a ship wit'.” Scooting over to the platter, he grabbed a piece of chicken and tore off a small piece, tossing it into his mouth. Why wasn’t she eating like it was her last meal on earth? “I’d get it though, if nah. I’m nah any well adjusted scallywag or a noble wit' a giant estate. I’m jus' a sea-lovin’ wolf who enjoys the company o' a woman if she will give it t' me.”

The Other Side

Standing among the crowd, Reuben fiddled with his hands as he awaited the trial the queen had prepared. After the assassination of the king, the royal family launched an investigation immediately, demanding that whoever was responsible was found and killed for their crimes. Of course, nobody stepped forward, with the main energy of the room being confusion. His lack of socializing thus far in Mellowfork left him standing alone, nobody to talk to or theorize with, which also didn’t put him at a good place with the queen. He had no one to vouch for him…other than the princess. Would Queen Jezebeth believe her daughter, that he danced with her and did not interact with hardly anyone else before retiring for the night? He had spoken with multiple guards before going to his chambers, and he had ventured nowhere near the king’s wing of the castle, the guards could attest. Surely that was something to stand on. With his story being from a military background, as well as having the experience in Es’lond to back it up, it was easy to understand that he would hold true to the rankings of his superiors, and never stoop to murder. He stood in a dark gray long sleeved shirt and forest green vest, dark pants and high shining leather boots while a green cape hung off his left shoulder. All nobles were removed of their weapons, so his tanned belt remained empty for now. Reuben’s eyes scanned the room for anyone to talk to, that could be his ally, but alas, nobody came, and he was truly alone. Perhaps Mellowfork was going to be a harder place to live than he thought.
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 21st 2024, 1:45 am

Ninaine

Feeling her face burn her stomach twist into knots, not from disgust or nausea but… a bit of desire possibly? Worrying her lip as she thought on his words, her mind going over them repeatedly until he confirmed that he was serious. That was when she realized, though he was… comfortable, rolling in the straw with her, it wasn’t a romantic interaction… it was just something that came naturally to him and his pirate crew, it wasn’t viewed as taboo or only done between a married couple like it was where she came from. It was going to be hard for her to look at it in such a light but if he could enjoy it without actually liking her, then maybe she could come to terms with it and try to enjoy it as well. Picking the bread up out of her lap she tore a piece off as she watched him eat the chicken. Surely, he could taste if anything was wrong with it… the Lupins could. Relaxing she popped a piece of bread in her mouth before tearing the roll in half to give him part. Picking up the book and pencil, she began to write again as she chewed on the somewhat dry bread. “Alright… “ she answered before writing just next to it, “Rocking a ship, huh? I can’t imagine such actions in a horse carriage let alone on a ship… how do you not end up on the floor from the waves? Or do ships not rock as wildly as I am imagining?” It was time she made the best out of the worst of situations and learning more about her cell partner was the best way to do that… it would also make their plan go a bit more smoothly.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 21st 2024, 9:14 am

Foalan

Ninaine's face would never leave the redness it felt, practically feeling the heat from her skin where she sat. It was interesting to be speaking with a woman who was so innocent and naive, never experiencing all the things he had. She ate her bread and finally wrote her next statements, and when he read it off, he couldn't help but laugh. “Who says it has t’ end on the floor?” Foalan smirked. “That's half the fun.” His eyes seemed To light up at the prospect, leaning back on a hand. “But honestly, the beds on me ship had pivots. Despite the sea rockin' the ship, the beds stay upright, if ye're in a bed that be. I prefer a hammock but wouldn’ lay a wench down in one. Far too cramped t' 'ave a good time. It's mighty rare though that I get that chance, 'n I haven't lain wit' anyone in…a few years honestly. I was wild when I turned 18, wantin' t' experience wha' I had been told 'n bragged about. But then ye become more picky. Now I only furl around wit' someone I could see meself doin' it again wit'. So I suppose ye can count yourself lucky fer me t' wants t' indulge in ye afore I’ve even experienced ye once. Shame that we aren't locked ‘n a ship cell. I perform best on the waters.” His eyes peered over tochers, and when she extended some of her bread, he smiled and took it from her, their fingers brushing as he began chewing on that piece took. “Do I needs t' teach ye how a male loves a woman?”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 21st 2024, 3:55 pm

Ninaine

With her cheeks a blaze Nanaine tried to swallow her bread without choking. So, that is how it worked… the beds were made to pivot with the waves to prevent unfortunate encounters with the floor. Understanding how the beds work on a Ship, Ninaine couldn't help but let her mind wander. Though she has never experience… Intimacy, her mind played with the though of being involved with Foalan there… those intense sienna eyes looking into her own honey hues. The touch of his skin against her own, her heart beating out of her chest. Wait… oh by the gods that's enough of that!  As he continued sharing what the beds were like on a ship she nodded once again struggling to look at him… could he hear her heart racing, how it would speed up and slow down depending on their conversation? He could hear if anyone was outside, far enough to be confident no one heard him yelling at Logan…  Swallowing down her embarrassment and the new found anxieties that were forming, Nina tore off another piece of her bread before popping it in her mouth. Trying to focus on what he was saying, rather than what her mind was playing with, she chewed the piece slowly, what Foalan shared wasn't expected.. it honestly surprised her that the wolf was picky with his women.. and in an odd way it did flatter her. However, as the young man continued on to tell her she was lucky, any eye contact she had managed to regain quickly began to flee. It only got harder from there, especially when he asked if she needed him to teach her how to… perform. But it was even more embarrassing that she probably did need his… guidance. Nina knew very very little about the ways of… well, love making, and she had never been touched in that way or honestly experienced anything more than a crush.. It at this moment, actually embarrassed her more than she already was. Her virtue was something she had been very proud of holding on to for this long, hoping for the right man to come along and sweep her off her feet, marry her and then have their wedding night together. However, the path she had to take now was not only different but nerve wracking. Picking up her pencil she began to write, albit it hesitently, “I only know the basics… The bare basics” sliding the book his way she pulled her knees up to her chest and put her head down, her arms helping cushion her head. Only once he began to read did she take a peak at him, nervous and curious of his response.

Iris / Rainier / Logan

Spotting Duke Vesper on his own among the speculating nobles, Iris quickly made her way towards him all while still holding that regal atmosphere about her. “Duke Vesper…” she greeted him, her voice was soft with a hint of sorrow she seemed to have been suppressing. “I am sorry you've been detained…” glancing around the room the young princess motioned for him to follow her, she wanted to get out of earshot of the other Nobles. Once they were where she felt was acceptable, Iris murmured to him, “I know you did not have a hand in this… I am going to stand for you against my mother and if it comes to it I will fight against her with whatever it takes, you are an innocent man.” she whispered. Iris wasn't going to have the one decent soul here be accused of something she fully well knew was not his doing, it was more likely her mother's why she wanted to frame someone else she wasn't exactly sure but she could offer up a good guess.

Last edited by Moonncloud on April 21st 2024, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 21st 2024, 6:25 pm

Foalan

Foalan’s eyes continued to rest on hers, watching her mind wander before him. For a girl that had never experienced such things, she was imagining something, and he wished he could peek into her head to see just what she envisioned. She found it hard to look at him after a while, cheeks and ears red as a cardinal. It was as if she wanted to know these things but never had the chance to learn. Would she accept if he taught her, showed her what to do? Would she even want to do that in the daytime or wait until the moon was overhead? He had initially wanted to give her a taste of it that evening, but if her curiosity was getting the better of her… He moved to sit closer to her, watching her before he braced his arm behind her, his chest brushing her shoulder. “I be willin' t' answer more questions, lass, if ye're wantin' t' know. Even willin' t' demonstrate if needs be. Hells, I'd even strip naked so ye could see fer yourself wha' makes me tick. I don't reckon I've ever been wit' a pearl afore.” He smiled broadly, eyes flickering down to her lips only momentarily before looking back into her eyes. His closeness still seemed to fluster her, and she quickly wrote down more before handing it to him. “Bare basics. I like the pun,” he said with another smirk. “Well, somethin' be better than naught. Since 'tis yer first time, 'n ye dunno if ye 'ave t' engage wit' me jus' yet, I will wait 'til tonight t' show ye much. That way the darkness will allow us the quiet 'n isolation t' indulge ‘n howe'er lil, or howe'er much, ye wish t' explore.”

The Other Side

Lost in boredom and anxiety, Reuben found himself becoming more miserable by the second, unable to find something to pass the time. The more he stood here alone, the more he stood out, and the more desperate he was to return to his new estate and sort things out. He hardly had any time to settle into it before the ball, and now he worried if this trial would have others question the validity of his dukedom too. His eyes wandered across the room, keeping his gaze out for changes, when a familiar face appeared in the crowd and came straight for him. Within a few steps, Princess Iris glided across the room to him, a regality in her presence unlike the charming, giggly girl he danced with the previous night. The death of her father must have been weighing on her heavily, and yet she took the time to seek him out exclusively to defend him. A small blush came to his face as she expressed her sorrow, and he bowed to her. “I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, your highness. I hope the perpetrator is found and tried for his abysmal crime.” Though he secretly applauded such an act, it would be his own death sentence if he dared say so, not to mention losing his budding friendship with the beautiful girl before him. As he straightened, she beckoned for him to follow her, and he eagerly did so, matching her pace easily as they made their way to a secluded corner to talk. Her words were soothing to hear, and he couldn't help but smile. “Thank you, your highness,” he murmured. “I hope this trial does not force you to make any hard decisions or fight hard on my behalf. I have my aliases from the prior night. If I am not betrayed by half the castle, I should be able to walk free. I do appreciate, however, the kindness you have continued to show me. It means more than you know to have a friend within the castle.”

Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 21st 2024, 9:55 pm

Ninaine

Lost in her curious thoughts, Nanaine hadn't noticed that he moved closer to her; it was only when she heard the wood of the wall creaking against the weight of him and felt Foalan’s eyes looking down at her that she realized he was now much closer. Swallowing, she slowly glanced his way, catching that familiar smirk of his… he was so close, she could feel the warmth of his skin reaching out towards hers, how could she not listen to his suggestions. As the man leaned in and continued on, Nanaine couldn't help but think he wanted her to ask, he wanted to get into the nitty gritty details with her, worrying her lip she sat there pondering the idea. Was it bad she sort of wanted him too? No, no she didn't want him to do any such thing and more than likely, all he wanted was to get a rise out of her. As he mentioned demonstrating, the young woman felt a pleasant shiver rush down her spine at the thought, her curiosity further being fed. They could not do this during the day… stuck in this stall, it was hard to tell when her Father would return to check on her… would he only provide a single meal a day or would he provide two? Sitting there thinking about getting caught in the act with Foalan by her own father was both a humiliating thought and a terrifying one. He’d definitely kill Foalan or leave that honor to his lover the Queen… She didn’t want that to happen to him, her eyes shifted towards Foalan from where she sat a slight concerned look pulling through the titillation the damn wolf was causing. Squirming a bit where she sat, her momentary concern was quickly pushed away as her company made that stupid smirk again, repeating her little play on words. Foalan decided to wait, knowing she was very very inexperienced and they didn’t know if Elijah would buy her lies or not… If he bought it, she wouldn’t have to dive in the deep end with the wolf boy but if he didn’t, then Foalan was her get out of slavery card as she was for him too… Putting the rest of her bread down on the plate, she couldn’t find the want to finish it, her stomach was filled with butterflies and knots so much that food wasn’t exactly something she wanted at the moment, though a drink would be nice. Glancing towards the food, did her Father provide any water? It didn’t exactly look like it… Scooting a little bit away from Foalan, Nina stood to return to her corner of the stall they were locked in. Once there she adjusted the straw bedding and got comfortable again before writing down something in the book. “We … will see what tonight brings.” she paused for a moment tapping her pencil against the book, her honey eyes lifting from the book to his before dropping back down to the book to continue writing, “And I believe night would be best. I’d rather avoid getting caught… The outcome will not be pleasant.”

Iris / Rainier / Logan

Looking up at the man she had previously had an incredible evening with, she wishes she could go back in time and do it all over again. Dance through the ballroom like no one was watching, smile, and laugh with this complete stranger… It was a fools dream, much had been lost when her father the King was killed, murdered in cold blood and she suspected it was her mothers doing… The Lupins were innocent. Obviously her mother didnt want anyone knowing it was the great beasts that did it because it tied the Kings death back to her. One way or another Iris had full intentions of getting to the bottom of it. “I thank you for your condolences… My father the King may not have been a great King, but i loved him, he was my father and he taught me so much about this world… I will never get to make new memories like those again with him.” She murmured to Vesper, her voice cracked as tears threatened to slip down her cheeks. Taking in a deep breath she wrangle her emotions until she could confidently look at the Duke again. “I will do what I must.” She reassured him. Knowing her mother had a hand in this horrid tragedy made her gut twist in knots, hates seed was planted beneath her skin and it was only going to keep growing… And if anything has happened to Nanaine… as the princess rubbed her hands together, her grip on her own fingers had begun to whiten her knuckles. “If I have to lie, please go along with it no matter what I dare say.” She whispered to him, “Your reputation will not be sullied I promise.”

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 22nd 2024, 1:32 pm

Foalan

Ninaine was stuck between a rock and a hard place, unable to come to a full conclusion as her eyes darted to and from him. She didn’t give any clear answers on what she wanted to do, or how she felt, which irritated him only in the slightest. He wanted her to experiment what it was like being with a male. Surely she had some inkling of it, knowing the pleasure it gave to both parties? Wouldn’t she want to know what it felt like? She didn’t even finish eating, conflicted by her invisible thoughts. He leaned down, about to try and get a rise out of her, but she moved away across the stall to a corner, bundling herself up on the straw and writing in his journal. He couldn’t hide his disappointment. Then again, he was the one to suggest trying anything only later that night, and only if Elijah couldn’t be convinced. He got up and walked to his own little corner, plopping down with a sigh before she finished with her book and tossed it over for him to read. At least she agreed to something. “Then that’s what we will do, lass.” Closing the book, he tossed it back to land in the spot next to her, softly in the hay. Perhaps it was best, to stay apart for now. If he stayed too close, he’d go against their only agreement thus far. Laying against the hay, he suddenly heard a door open and close, then footsteps, hearing the light scrape of claws on the wood. He hid himself back into the corner, peering out his little holes and slats to see who approached. The footprints were different than Elijah’s. But who else would be visiting Ninaine?

The Other Side

‘Duke Vesper’ watched as Iris’ tears became glassy, avoiding his eyes likely to avoid crying and ruining any of the makeup she had on. It was difficult to watch, hating seeing any woman cry and being unable to help. He would have wiped her tears away if they dared to fall, but he knew that would cause eyes on him not in ways he wanted. The girl was obviously grieving heavily and needed a friend more than a suitor. “Of course. I have not lost my father nor my mother, but a…a friend of mine recently lost her last parent. I understand the turmoil it takes and the time that will pass to mend it. I am here to support you however I can.” He placed his hand over his heart momentarily before slowly lowering it back to his side. She spoke of needing him on her side, even if she had to lie, and although he worried about what she could say, he nodded, having to go along with it. He was lying to her with every breath it felt, her doing the same to him was no different. “If my reputation will not be sullied, I will go along with your words. I know this is of great importance and you know your mother best. Should I be prepared for anything in particular, your highness?”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 22nd 2024, 5:06 pm

Ninaine

Getting comfortable in the straw, Ninaine’s heart was still beating wildly, an ache she didn’t know was all that possible for women to even feel was there. Laying in the straw on her back, she glanced at the now frustrated and clearly disappointed wolf boy. He wanted her… he wouldn’t be so up front if he didn’t, what male wouldn’t want what he’d been told he could have? Thinking about it, Foalan was probably just as worked up as she was or nearing that point. Looking at him as he read the book and tossed it back to her, she noted his tone, the lack of his usual teasing definitely told her he was thwarted by her lack of reciprocation. Letting out a sigh she rolled to face the wall, her back now to her company. Pressing her lips together, Nina tried to get her mind to stop traveling the gutters it had managed to travel to with his pirate talk. Ugh this was the worst… she wanted him bad and he’d managed to get her riled up just be talking, was that really all it took ?! Putting her hands on her face she sighed out, how did all her morals fly out the window in just a days time… dropping her hands from her face she sat up, hearing something. Looking back at her companion, he was already hidden. Picking up her book and pencil she quickly shoved them in the pocket of her skirt before standing up, her chains rattling as she did so. The face she was soon greeted with was none other then Raineir. “R-Raineir?” she mouthed forgetting yet again she can’t speak.

The feline paused, almost stunned to see the young woman chained the way she was, it didn’t help that she was nearly a mirrored image of Iris… just a bit older and with different colored eyes. “Nanaine…” He growled displeased with what he saw, the poor woman was covered in straw, she had a plate of food, this treatment was just like how his kind were treated. Letting out a sigh of his own, a growl trailed his tongue as he glazed from either side of the barn. “Iris wanted me to see if what was rumored was true… Has he decided what to do with you?” the black leopard-like male asked as he stepped closer to the bars, his own slave collar vibrated with energy as it threatened to react to the barrier. With a smile nod, Nina answered before sliding her hand into her pocket and taking out the book to write. “Oh, you have a book thank goodness… I thought i was going to have to play charades with you.” The feline grinned a bit as Nina offered a half smile at him for his tease, a purr left him as his tail flicked from side to side. He had been close to Nanaine in the past, both the girls really as they were brought up together just being a couple years apart in age. As he watched her write he notice how flushed her cheeks were, “Ninaine… are you ill? Your cheeks are as red as an apple.” He commented softly before watching Ninaine look at him with a bit of surprise and embarrassment in her eyes. Shaking her head no she quickly looked back down as she wrote, “M-my mistake.” He stammered if she wasn’t ill then what had gotten the young woman so flustered before his arrival? Had someone been here before him, oh gods was there someone in there with her? Stepping closer to the door he silently glanced around the stall, nothing was in there with her aside from straw and the plate she’d been offered of food. The feline relaxed a bit until Nina was finally done writing. “It's wonderful to see you… Is she with you?” With a shake of his head, Rainier gave his answer before watching her face fall, she then quickly jotted down more, - “My father has decided to sell me off to the highest bidding noble… So, I can give them an heir… I am more valuable due to my- “ - How the heck was she going to tell him that… it was easier with Foalan he was right there when it was announced but… Iris’s companion… that was another story. Leaving it vague she flipped the book around to show him, his piercing hues fixated on the text before yet another annoyed growl left him, “Of course he is…” Rainier grumbled, “How can we help you?” he asked, his voice at a whisper his ears twitching as he heard a sound outside. “I will return later.” he said before leaving in a haste. Whoever it was was far enough away that the young woman couldn’t hear them, it would give Rainier enough time to flee back to Iris’s side. Slipping her book back into her pocket along with the pencil before retreating back to her corner, she sat down waiting to see who it was that was approaching. Thank the gods her and Foalan hadn’t begun to do anything earlier that would have made for quite the embarrassing moment. Knowing how Foalan was, she doubted it would phase him… Having time to calm herself, her cheeks had faded back to their original ivory tone, but that little thought did bring back a bit of pink, but only slightly.

Iris / Rainier / Logan

When Vesper gave her his condolences and even offered his support as a friend, it warmed the young woman’s aching heart. It meant even more to her when he agreed to go along with any lie she may have to throw out there on the spot, causing a smile to pull at her lips. “Thank you, Vesper… I could not ask for a better friend.” nodding her head she motioned for him to follow her across the room further away from the others and into another room. Once they were out of sight and out of mind from the rest of those accused, Iris closed the door to the room she took him into, “If my mother decides you’re the one that is accountable for this, there is not much that will save you from her judgment. She’s not a forgiving woman and in all honesty… and I think- “ pausing for a moment Iris she wasn’t exactly sure if she should say what she was about to tell him. She’s only known him for a night, what if he’s truly on her parents side and she slanders them in front of him. “I think if it comes to it, I should say that I was with you the entire night. Even if that means putting my virtue on the line…” her voice had softened, “This will not jeopardize your reputation and my mother would have to either drop all charges or direct her attack on another soul.” she told him fidgeted with her dress skirt, this would be so much easier if she could tell him why she was so ready to throw up the virtue card… If she could just tell him her mother was the one who did this it would solve many problems.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 22nd 2024, 6:47 pm

Foalan

Watching the figure approach, Foalan was prepared to defend Ninaine once again, worried it was some male Elijah sent to woo her. A growl prepared itself in his throat, but was silent as he watched Ninaine sit up and gaze at the male standing at the stall door. He was familiar, and a relief to see apparently. His comment about charades irked him, and he scowled, knowing it shouldn’t have. He wanted their teasing and banter to only be between him and Ninaine, not with any other male no matter how charming he may be. However, as the cat continued, he raised a brow and looked at the girl. She was still red cheeked from earlier. So he had caused something of an effect on her… Trying not to be pleased nor crawl over there to see how red her face could get, Foalan avoided watching and preferred to listen. The two went on, Ninaine writing and the male responding to whatever she had written down. But, it turned out the cat wanted to help. Somehow. Even with his collar. Before Ninaine could tell him anything, tell him to get Elide or a key, a sound came from the other end of the barn and chased the catfolk off, leaving him and Ninaine alone again. For a place that was never frequented before, suddenly it was a very popular place to be. He continued to avoid looking at the girl across the stall, hiding out of sight just in case the newcomer was someone nefarious. It was a coin flip today. The sounds approached the stall, metal clanging against itself and leather boots hit dusty stone floors as two individuals walked down the hall, muttering and cursing about their mission. “The damn Fae forest will be the end of us all,” one spoke. “Caleb came back with the biggest welts I’ve ever seen.” “He just ran into some Morrow wood I’m sure and scraped his leg.” “But that’s the thing, even if he flew face first into the thing, it wouldn’t do that much damage. Something out there was trying to keep him out.” “We don’t have an option, Githeed. The slave prints all lead there. What are we supposed to tell the Denmaster, ‘oh sorry, it’s too scary to go in’? He’d flay us on the spot.” “The other group is going to take days or even weeks to get around that forest. The slaves could be long gone by the time they reach the safety of the other side.” “It’s the best we’ve got. I’m not sacrificing myself for some degenerates. The queen can get herself new ones. I’m not paid enough to chase after property worth more than my life.” The two walked through, not noticing Ninaine in the cell as they continued to talk. “There’s some sort of barrier keeping anything else from getting through too, not even our swords can cut through it. We’d need a damn bomb to have a chance…”

The Other Side

Reuben was thankful for the girl, despite the way their kingdoms differed completely. If it meant his head could stay intact, and he could report back to Ravina soon about the progress, he would do a lot to secure it. Bowing his head again with a smile, he was surprised when she suddenly led him elsewhere, a smaller, adjacent sitting room meant for those who needed a reprieve from any events in the ballroom. It was cozy, cozier than he expected for Mellowfork. Upon turning to him, Iris explained what the plan in her head was. It took a moment for her to process her words, but once she did, he was stunned. His entire face burned as he scratched the back of his head, unsure of what to think or say. Was this the best solution? Would anyone question such a thing, especially the guards he interacted with? He was sure the princess could sway them any way she wished, she was both a royal and very sweet and innocent to their knowledge…she wouldn’t want to harm any of them surely, so they would avoid getting on her bad side. But pretending to have shared a bed with her? His heart pounded at the thought and he hoped she couldn’t hear it. “I-I mean, it’s not a terrible idea,” he stammered, avoiding eye contact with her. “I-It may be hard to pull off but if your mother would believe it…then I will go along with it. Surely your mother would be, um, grateful your virtue was given to a higher ranking man…if that would help at all.” It didn’t help him, however, to possibly have to imagine bedding the young woman before him. The distance from Ravina was difficult, knowing the comfort it provided, and it was all too easy to imagine Princess Iris beneath him. It caused his face to redden further, and he turned slightly away, a hand over his mouth. “Yeah…yeah that’d be okay.”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 22nd 2024, 7:43 pm

Ninaine

When the cat-folk had to leave, Ninaine felt dread settle in her stomach, she didn’t get to ask anything that she needed too and the fear of who was walking down the hall was even more unsettling. Sitting as silently as she could within her cell, Nina listened to what those walking through were talking about. As they traveled through the barn she listened intently to what they had to say. Looking towards Foalan, she felt some relief, the slaves she had freed they all escaped and so far the Fae forest was keeping them safe. However, as they continued she worried about the barrier… would her and Foalan be able to get through when it came time for them to make their mad dash for the forest? They would have to give it a shot… and she prayed they wouldn’t start trying to blow the forest up. Crawling over to the opposite side of the stall, Ninaine peaked out of the wood slats to see if they were gone before she got comfortable again. At least she knew that Rainier will be back, they had hope of getting help this way. Pulling her book back out, Nina began writing for Foalan, “The Cat-folk, his name is Rainier. He is Princess Iris’ slave. He said he will be back… I just don’t know when.” Letting out a soft sigh she flung the book in his direction before laying down in the straw again and stowing the pencil away in her skirt. For a short moment she closed her eyes while she waited for Foalan to fill the silence.

Iris / Rainier / Logan

Feeling her own face begin to burn as she watched Vesper’s shift in color, Iris struggled to make eye contact as did he. “Yes, I don’t believe it is a poor one either… Since I am the second born its more advantageous for me to marry a Duke. I am hopeful she will be pleased or at least less liable to strike a killing blow.” a small nervous chuckle left her, “But, I do believe it will fall more in our favor… and in the end once this storm has blown over you can go on your way, if that is what you desire to do.” she reassured him that he did not have to be tied down to her just because of a lie she’s prepared to throw on the table to save him. He did ask her on an outing but that did not mean he didn’t have another woman waiting for him at home. With blushing cheeks, Iris stepped away from him to look out the window and to let in some fresh air into the room. It felt like the room was boiling but that was also because of how flustered she’d grown to be. She’d never felt this worked up over anyone.. Not even Logan. Their relationship she put on hold the last time they spoke due to her mothers demands that she marry a higher ranking man. Of course, he was still demanding to see her, he didn’t want to give her up and that was understandable. But she knew what she had to do and if Vesper would have her she’d leave what she had behind to keep from costing anyone's life to be on a serving platter.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 22nd 2024, 8:13 pm

Foalan

Foalan was mostly uninterested in the conversation, only listening because he had nothing better to do. The men spoke of the forest, how it was secured and fighting back against the siege. Good. The soldiers needed to learn their lesson, and keep far away from those rescued. Only once no noises were left was he able to relax, leaning back into the straw to possibly nap for the rest of the day. He’d need to preserve his energy for tonight. As he lay there however, he heard scribbling before something thudded next to him, and he found Ninaine’s book laying at his feet. The wolf boy picked it up and read it before sighing and tossing it back. “That’s so incredibly helpful,” he muttered, rolling his eyes as he once again peered up at the ceiling. “Hopefully we aren’t waitin' a week fer his return.”

Hours passed, the sun fading over the horizon after what seemed an agonizingly long day. Foalan was used to it though, used to having to sit in his stall and wait for something, anything to happen. Sleeping in and out of days was the only thing he could do, as there was nothing else he could keep his mind occupied with. Sometimes he pondered chewing his way out just to give him something to work towards. Awakening from his nap, he blinked away the blurriness of his eyes and sat up, combing claws through his hair and glancing over to Ninaine. Whatever she had been doing this time, she’d been quiet. He opened his mouth to ask when he heard the familiar door open, and familiar boots followed it. Within seconds, Elijah was standing back at the stall door, another platter of food in his hands, this time with a good portion of water. “Good evening, Ninaine,” he greeted with a snakelike smile, pushing the tray in. While he was asleep, someone else had taken the empty tray away from earlier. “I’ve spoken to some of my associates today. They’re pleased to have you as an offering, and are beginning bids for your hand. Jezebeth and I are considering the best match for you, considering what we have lost is considerable and needing enough coin to replace them. Your virtue is a more valuable dowry than we anticipated, so I am glad I kept you far away from any man asking for your hand. A shame my head guard here was killed, he was very persistent about having you for himself. Compared to what he offered though, these new offers are worth their weight in gold.” He chuckled. “What kind of man would you prefer, Ninaine? I will be kind and allow you your choice from the offers, you should know them well. Lord Milton has less of a bid, but he does have quite a few slaves willing to boost the coin he will give. He lives fairly close to the castle, so you can always visit Iris if you so wish. Baron Kennard also put his name into the hat, and he’s a very strong man with plenty of experience with women. He’d provide for you well. Duke Audley is a bit older, but his sons are also willing to take you should you not choose him. He is, however, considered rather handsome for his age, and his consorts always respond well about him when questioned. Lord Edvin is my favorite, considerable wealth with vast land for slave breeding and many different choices for Jezebeth and I to choose from. He’s on the younger side, closer to your age. More chances for heirs, more years to have together. All are very eager to own your virtue, as I’m sure you are eager to rid of it.”

The Other Side

Marrying a Duke. The thought of marrying the princess of Mellowfork almost made him dizzy, stepping back in shock. Yes, courting did usually lead to marriage, alongside other things, but he hadn’t quite learned all there was to Mellowfork’s customs nor their ways of marriage. Did spending a night together ensure they must be wed? He would have never begun courting her the prior night if he had known. Not only would that put him in an awkward predicament of needing to prove his wealth and title, but also removing himself from Ravina, who had become a close companion before he had come here. Not even a companion - a lover of sorts. How would he explain to her that he had a chance to marry the princess of their enemy? He would be beheaded on their wedding day, nay, before it. They’d learn he was a knight from Es’lond and not only kill him, but the slaves he was given. Not to mention he would be leaving Ravina alone, and if he did not have affections for Iris, he would be living a double life, also just like Fraeya. This was a predicament he needed to navigate very slowly. As Iris spoke though, she said he could go his separate way once the situation was dealt with, and for some reason that caused a twinge in his heart, albeit his not wanting of it. Why spend all the time courting her, pretending he wished to marry her, to just up and walk out? He’d be no better than Fraeya, and even pretending to have slept with her made him feel like it too, knowing Ravina awaited his letters and wanted his affection as much as he wanted hers. How could he walk away from her to be with a princess, all for a scheme against her mother? It began to make his head hurt, but the princess had walked to the window, opening it slightly to allow fresh air to pool in. The air began to soothe not only his headache, but his red cheeks as well despite the thoughts of her persisting. “We can play the game of court,” he spoke, slowly walking over to her as he folded his hands behind his back. “I mean…I was intentional with my asking to take you last night. I wish to know you more. I just…I don’t want you to be hurt by this. I don’t want us to court and have it feel as though we are only doing it to please your mother, or to betray the others standing in the other room.” Taking a breath, he took her hand in his own, lifting it to kiss the back of it. “Even if you are pressured to say you have lost your virtue to me, do not feel pressured that I expect you to stay with me until I decide if I want to stay. You have as much say in this as I do. I am willing to do what it takes to help both of us, but only if it is your decision, and your decision moving forward. We can court properly, be intentional about it, and only if we decide we both wish to move forward, then we will. I do not wish for this meeting, this lie, to make this…relationship, invalid or fake.” He looked down at her, giving a small squeeze to her hand. “It just means we have to pretend to be closer than we are, and if that turns to be true over time…then it can be.”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 22nd 2024, 8:36 pm

Ninaine

Sitting on the floor looking up at her Father as he slid the door open, Nina slowly pulled herself up to stand before him. Fear tried to take hold all over again, the memory of him throwing her around like some doll… Her arm was purple from the impact against the pillar a day ago, part of her feared what he would do when she told him she wasn’t a virgin… especially since he was saying it was extremely valuable. Disgusting dogs… Nina’s brow began to furrow, her lips pinched, He kept going on and on like this was her choice like she had a say in it all but she didn’t and she had had enough. “I am not a virgin.” she mouthed to him, out right, her fists were clenched, how detailed will she have to get? Would he accept just that? He will want to know with whom and she had a good idea for who she’d throw under the carriage.

Iris

With her eyes closed, Iris was allowing the cool breeze to cool her cheeks and calm her racing heart. They didn’t open until Vesper came to her side taking her hand in his, “Alright, then that is what we will do and we will ultimately decide how things should truly go in the end when we both know what we want.” she agreed and squeezed his hand back as he had done hers. It was true, they didn’t know each other well enough to force themselves into a fake marriage but maybe this would allow them to get to know each other more… just maybe he will want her in the end like her heart raced for him. Of course, she was very new to love like this.. Logan was a friendship and hated she was just realizing that now. A knock at the sitting room door sounded pulling her hand from Vesper she walked to the door quickly, only to see Rainier enter after his knock. His vibrant hues met hers, “You surprise me every time you do that, Rainier.” She smiled at her feline friend as he closed the door behind him. “My apologies your highness… The Queen wishes to see you Vesper and your highness, I do have news on the subject you wished to know more on.” And audible sigh left Iris before she finally answered her feline slave, “I will have to wait to hear that news, I have to go with Duke Vesper.” with that being said she followed the Duke out of the sitting room back into the throne room. Rainier stayed behind knowing his place was not in the throne room during judgment.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 22nd 2024, 9:11 pm

Elijah

Staring at his daughter in the cell, he awaited the correct response of thinking about the men he offered, and replying with which one she preferred, like the daughter he had raised. He stood with hands behind his back, the smile still on his face, when she mouthed what he had feared she would say. His eyes turned to ice, his eyes boring into her own. “I find that hard to believe. As a man who has experienced the desires of the flesh, it is not something so easily strayed from. If you had done it in the past, you would still be doing so now, and I have seen no interest from you in anyone you have become acquainted with. You have been, or were, so loyal to your work. It would have been a shame for you to become distracted…so I am certain you did not.” He tilted his head, becoming silent for a few, long moments. “But please, indulge me. Who happened to captivate your interest so well that you would ruin yourself for him? Throw away your entire life, your value for? A duke, a knight, gods forbid a slave? One you let run away I assume, lest he know you only used him to please you? Perhaps it was Logan, the same male I see mousing around your sister? I’ve heard he’s not the loyal sort, but perhaps Iris took her chance and he was too good to resist for you, you had to know for yourself. Who would it be, Ninaine, to make you desire them so well you would trade the one thing you had to them, for one night of mediocre pleasure in return?”

The Other Side

Iris continued to be the proper princess she was raised to be, using the solemnity from her loss to further keep her image proper even when away from prying eyes. He did appreciate the return of his hand squeeze however, knowing she still showed some signs of liking his presence and touch. He dwelled in her presence longer, the silence not unwelcome as he gazed out the window with her. It didn't last long however as a knock came to the door, and her hand whipped away from him just as a figure entered the room. A dark catfolk walked in, and Iris addressed him by name, even giving him a smile. The male was not threatened by her, nor seeming to even cower in her presence. Was she kind to her slaves? He never heard the slaves being called by their true name thus far, only calling them by lesser terms, or their race, or just ‘slave’. Maybe she was not so different from him. The male said they needed to join the queen, and Reuben bowed his head in thanks to the male as he followed Iris out the door. Before he fully could, he reached into his belt and pulled out a few silver coins, handing them to who Iris called Reinier. “Thank you,” he told him with a smile, before escorting Iris back into the ballroom and into the intimidating investigatjon he could now have to endure.

Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 22nd 2024, 9:49 pm

Ninaine

Seeing his icy glare, that anger that would soon boil under his skin if not already, she had to tell him who. “It was with Logan.” Nina mouthed, “We slept together while Iris was gone in Balgarious, it was a moment of weakness and we both regretted it.” she mouthed again, hoping the old man could keep up with her lack of a voice. “But if you do not believe me, you can see to it that I am checked.” she told him a small grin pulled at her lips. She shouldn’t have been pleased with making her horrid father second guess the value of the object he wanted to sell.. But in this case, since it was her virtue… it was hard not to keep a smile from etching its way onto her face. “It’s your. choice. “ she added as well as, waited for his outlast of anger that was most likely going to follow.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 22nd 2024, 10:00 pm

Elijah

Logan. As soon as Elijah saw his name leave her lips, his face became red, eyes narrowing as he lunged forward, grabbing the bars and snarling. “I knew it!” he shouted, knuckles becoming white on the iron as he stared at his daughter. “You filthy whore, I should have known it was him. Galavanting around with my daughters, taking their virtues…I've raised you too well to give away.” He shoved himself away from the bars, pinching the bridge of his nose with a growl. “First you leave me with no slaves, then you give yourself away to the first boy that walks past you. Stupid, stupid girl.” Glaring at her again, he snapped his fingers and the platter of food vanished, leaving only water in its place. “Luckily, those men will still be happy to have you as their wife, even if you have less value now. I’ll talk it out with them tomorrow. To think I gave you the world, Ninaine, and you throw it all away. Count your blessings that I still provide for you now.” He glanced her up and down, hating that smirk upon her face. He should have slapped her for it, gone in and thrown her against the wall to show her a lesson. But the chains and collar were good enough, as he was sure the husband he chose would do much worse should she step out of line. That would be justice served well enough. “I will have someone confirm you aren’t carrying his bastard child tomorrow. Two days from now, I’ll finally have you out of this castle, and out of my life, finally giving some purpose for raising you all these years.” He kicked the stall door, cursing at her before he left, yelling at one of his nearby slaves to gather the suitors to discuss changes. The doors were then closed, and the sound of a lock closing reverberated through the stables on both ends. Silence filled the halls once more, and Foalan stared at Ninaine from his spot, unmoving and unblinking.
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 22nd 2024, 10:25 pm

Ninaine

As her father lunged for the bars she flinched, his knuckles turned white as he snarled at her, calling her a whore. Even with his rage, Ninaine didn’t back away from where she stood, she didn’t curse or react to his tantrum. It was a victory in her eyes, to see him rage just out of reach of her, causing that smirk of hers to grow. What was unsettling however was that he was still going to sell her off, virgin or not. Listening to him yell and carry on, Ninaine’s chest began to raise and fall more quickly as fear tried to sink its claws in deeper, he was going to gather them… the damn dogs that were eager to have her and she was sure he was going to have his favorite take her but hopefully they would be freed before then. Hearing the lock of the barn doors on either side her smile came back before she started silently laughing, oh this just keeps getting better and better and somehow she made it out of that without getting beat to an inch of her life. After a short time Ninaine’s laughter began to fade, she most likely just cost Logan his life… or nearly cost him it. But it was worth protecting Iris, she was her sister whether she knew it or not, she was her little sister. Stepping back against the wall, Nina rested her back against the wall before sliding down to sit in the straw. “We have two days… “ She murmured, fighting back the want to cry from how shook she was, holding her hands in her lap she tried to keep them from trembling. Taking in a deep breath and exhaling slowly, her honey hues turned to Foalan, “We best make the most of them… right?” She mouthed.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 22nd 2024, 10:36 pm

Elijah

Foalan watched the entire encounter, completely unsurprised by Elijah’s response. The man yelled and threw his tantrum, upset that his precious ‘property’ was ‘sullied’, and pouted all the way to the door. Ninaine seemed fully pleased with her lie, despite the fear radiating so strongly off of her he’d fear she’d faint from it, and silently laughed until the fear took hold again and she sat back down in the straw, trembling. It was only when she addressed him, mouthing words to him, that his chest tightened so painfully he wasn’t sure he was breathing. He had waited all day for Elijah to come back, for Ninaine to stand her ground, and it had worked. Somehow, the Denmaster took the bait and believed every word. But that meant his deal with the girl across the stall was done. There was no need for him, and he would simply be stuck with her until something happened and they could run for the hills. If Elide was being summoned, that was their one chance, and he’d sleep the night away until she came in and got them out. He tried to ignore his deep disappointment but he was not good at hiding his emotions, and he curled up away from Ninaine, staring at the wall of the stall. “Elide will free us on the morrow night, if she be the one summoned,” he muttered. “Might as well sleep 'til then.”
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 22nd 2024, 10:56 pm

Ninaine

Ninaine watched the wolf boy as she tried to get her trembling under control. It was the same disappointment as he showed earlier which wasn’t what she was hoping to be greeted with after such a victory and especially the suggestion she threw out there… dipping her hand into her pocket the girl pulled out her book and the pencil. “Did you not understand me? I said, let's make the best of it…” holding the book in her hands she listened to him speak before adding more to the book, “And if it’s not Elide, they will know I’ve lied… and we will not have the help we need if it’s not Elide… I mean it when I say we should make the best of the time we’ve been given.” pausing for a moment longer she slowly crawled over to him to hand him the book this time instead of tossing it at him. For a moment she waited for him to read what was written on the page before looking him dead in the eyes, her cheeks as red as rose before she mouthed, “Teach. Me.” as she spoke she pulled the laces on her corset loosening it ever so slightly, her heart was racing, she never thought she’d be the one trying to start things. “Teach me, Foalan.” she repeated a little smirk catching her lips. The wolf had gotten her so worked up earlier she couldn’t shake the desire she felt, it was something she’d never experienced before… It wasn’t wrong to give up her virtue, it was hers to give and to keep giving to whomever she wished and she wasn’t going to let being called a whore get to her either.. This was her life and she was going to live it the way she desired, at least what she had left of it if they didn’t make it out of here.

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 22nd 2024, 11:16 pm

Foalan

Laying in the straw, Foalan tried to make himself tired enough to sleep, yet was still distracted by the pain in his chest. He should have known. Should have known she would be able to convince her father of all people that she had been taken before, that she wasn’t a pearl. Getting his hopes up was the worst thing he could have done, and he had spent the entire day dreaming of her only to be let down by reality once more. The male grumbled under his breath as he heard her write in her book, but the chains clinked against each other and he looked up to see her crawl over to him, handing him the book. “No throwin’?” he said, taking the book from her hand and reading it. Did she mean it? He read it over again, his brows furrowing. Was she just trying to pass the time with the only thing they had? Or did she actually want his attention? He looked up to ask, but was met with Ninaine’s intense gaze, loosening her corset as she told him to teach her. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the sun fully set, the stars beginning to peek out from the sky. Teach me, Foalan. He let out a soft growl, sitting up slowly as he matched her gaze. He wished he could hear her speak, listen to her reactions to what he intended to do. If she wanted him…then so be it. He sat on his knees and reached a hand out to her cheek, glancing down at her lips when his eyes caught her collar and he moved his hand towards it. It was simple, dastardly simple, to feel the magic within it. Within an instant, he freed her voice from its cage, the collar’s glow now softened. Its spell was broken. He hummed with amusement, looking back up to her. “I could 'ave had ye squawkin’ at me this whole time,” he mused, before he grabbed her chin and pulled her in, tilted her head, and kissed her. He immediately groaned, her lips sparking something within him as he pushed forward, pushing her back as he braced one hand on the ground next to her. The desire he pushed down, the tightness in his chest, all burned within as he bit her lip, his other hand going to grip the back of her head - albeit gently. He had been craving this so much he felt he would go too fast. He had to keep things slow, slow enough for her to keep up with him. Foalan pressed more into the kiss, pushing her back to sit as he settled himself between her legs. How easy would it be to take off her dress? He couldn’t help but smirk against her lips. He may not have to take it off at all judging by her chains.
    Moonncloud
    Moonncloud
    Admin

Post by Moonncloud April 23rd 2024, 12:09 am

Ninaine

Ninaine watched as Foalan questioned her actions with the book, before reading what she had written, that look of surprise on his face, she could have sworn she saw him read it a couple times before he finally met her gaze to read her lips. The light had faded from the barn, the stars began to peek through the gaps in the roof and walls. Nanaine's honey hues watched as Foalan came closer, lifting his hand to her cheek, its warmth caused a pleasant rush to wash over her… and that growl had her heart racing, about to beat out of her chest. She watched as his eyes trailed down to her lips and then to her neck, what was he doing? Furrowing her brows she tilted her head, “What are you do-” her voice was back “You could have do that this whole time!?” She whispered before he pulled her in, lifting her chin just slightly and tilted it before kissing her. As their lips met it was like a spark lit between them, a spark of passion groaning against her, Ninaine couldn't help but moan right along with him. Pushing back on her, the young women sat up bringing one hand to his head of hair and the other went to his shoulder for the moment her grip on him was light that is until he bit her lip, that set something else off In her causing her to tighten her grip on him and dig in her nails. A surprised sound had slipped from her lips before she pushed against him deepening their kiss, she didn't expect to be bitten however it wasnt disliked… It actually flipped a switch internally for her causing a soft groan of her own. Feeling his hand against the back of her head, his claws caressing her scalp, it all felt so nice… however, once he had her sitting, her knees on either side of him, their passionate lip locking had slowed a smirk played on his lips, causing the woman to raise a bit of a brow. “What is it?” She asked softly against his lips

Pumpkin
    Pumpkin
    Admin

Post by Pumpkin April 23rd 2024, 12:26 am

Foalan

Ninaine could sense his shift, the way he pondered what he would be doing next. Her voice was a drug, setting him aflame as though he was in the dark for so long. Years of waiting, of nothing, came to this with her. Judging by the way she responded to him, in her words and in her body, it would be well worth it. “Yer chains make it a bit hard t' slip anythin' off o' ye,” he mused, kissing her again for a long moment before pulling away, his eyes gleaming. “But that jus' makes it all the more fun. I won’t get t' see yer full self 'til ye’re out o' those chains. Ye, on the other hand, can explore every inch o' me.” He smirked again, watching her carefully as he took his claws and easily undid the laces on her corset, letting the fabric loosen and fall from her chest. A low rumble sounded from him, his own clothes doing the opposite as he leaned down to brush his lips across her neck. “Ye do wild things t' me, parrot. Ye 'ave ever since I saw blood on yer hands. I wanted t' rip the door off its hinges 'n make ye mine.” Knowing her responses to his earlier bite, he trailed up to where her jaw met her neck, sinking his teeth just slightly into her soft, pale skin. He hadn’t claimed anyone in so long he practically lost himself doing so, growling a soft breath onto her and biting harder before he pulled away, leaving only pinpricks of blood behind as his hand moved to lift her skirts. His fingertips traced circles on her inner leg, moving up to remove what she wore underneath. “Wha' do ye wants t' learn, Ninaine? Wha' 'ave ye been imaginin' in that head o' yers, all the things ye refuse t' share?”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 18th 2024, 11:24 pm